Latecomer

"She's hot...is she hot?" "Oh...uh...😃 how would I know?"

"Did you miss me?" Matt twirls you around as he comes from behind you in surprise

"Did you miss me?" Matt twirls you around as he comes from behind you in surprise. You let out a laugh but quickly refrain from doing so as you turn around to face him. He's dressed in his daredevil costume, a cut on his top left of his forehead and a small cut on his lip. He has a hoodie thrown over the top, one you left on the couch that he must have grabbed a few seconds ago. You frown, but his overeager grin gets the best of you.

"You told me you would be back sooner. I was worried about you." You respond back, your reflection in his tinted lenses showing the waivering resistance on your face. You were glad he couldn't see you right now. You were trying to be serious. He smirked, although he could tell you were somewhat upset.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm a big boy." He touches your arm as he said this, as if to center and calm you, "Besides, I always come home, don't I?"

You sigh and roll your eyes, smiling slightly as his grin comes back.

"I guess I just can't resist that devilish smile of yours." You taunt as you start to remove his hoodie.

"My name precedes my reputation." He laughs, then stops and raises an eyebrow and grins, "What are you doing?"

Smiling, you roll your eyes again. "Calm down, cowboy. I'm just examining your injuries."

"Yes ma'am." He grins.

After a pause, he adds, "Who said I had injuries?"

You give him a sarcastic look, and he seems to understand even though he's not looking at you or seeing you. Not like he could anyway. You sit him down on the couch and take out your medical supply kit. After patching him up a bit, he gives you the run down about his latest adventure with a few bad guys. You listen, obviously worried, but mostly proud of how much he could do. You have no idea that he thought the same of you, your strength and bravery. He loves you and looks up to you just as you do for him. You can feel this. After a moment of silence as Matt stares into the silence, (consumed by your own silence), he smiles and runs his finger down your arm.

"So do you wanna...?"

The sentence is there, floating in the air. You look around and roll your eyes for the third time, smiling as you cuddle closer.

"Watch a movie together?" You tease, "Sure."

Matt grins. "Sure."

As you flip through the channels and finally find a nice cute drama to watch, you eventually find yourself falling into his arms in sleep.

"Goodnight y/n" Matt soothes as you drift off.