Cinematic Elements

You had met Matt Murdock one day while at the cinema. For some reason, or fate, your tickets had gotten you seated right next to each other. You had arrived a little bit early, as you did for most stuff, and that day so had he. That meant that before the movie even started, you had to sit next to him in awkward silence while the trailers played; without sound, I might add, since some of the young theater technicians hadn't seemed to grasp the whole routine yet.

It probably would have stayed as an awkward silence if Matt hadn't interjected.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to you, catching you by surprise, "but has the trailers started yet?"

You didn't know that he could already hear the film rolling from the top of the stage, it's hollowness confirming that the sound had just not been turned on yet. He was just trying to make small talk with you.

"Uh, yeah but-" you started, going to finish off with something along the lines of 'can't you see?', when you looked up at him and saw his dark glasses.

You wondered for a second why he would wear that indoors, when you suddenly realized.

"Oh my god, you're blind?" You blurted out, your cheeks immediately turning cherry red as you heard the bluntness in your own voice.

"Not the most usual reaction I get, but, uh, yes. " Matt laughed, smirking.

You covered your mouth instantly, "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to say it that way. It just completely caught me by surprise."

Matt chuckled. "Don't worry about it."

You paused for a moment, then after shaking off the embarrassment, you realized you were confused.

"Wait." You said, scrunching up your forehead in thought, "What the heck are you doing in a movie theater?"

Another laugh came from him, now more lightly than before.

"I may be blind, but I still like to listen. I create pictures in my mind. It doesn't work as well as somebody describing it to me, though. Dialogue can get confusing sometimes. "

"Oh," you said, stopping to think for a moment, "Do you want me to describe the movie for you, then?"

Matt paused. "Uh, well, you really don't have to."

You smiled. "No, I wouldn't mind, really."

"I'm sure the rest of the people in the theater would mind, though." Murdock laughed.

You shrugged. "It's a Wednesday night and the proctor list outside only shows us two in the theater at the moment. Besides, if anybody else does come, that's their problem."

Murdock smirked. "Huh. You've got quite an outgoing mindset there."

You shrugged again.

With a sigh, a contentful one though, Matt added, "You know what though, I'd like that, actually. If you don't mind."

You smiled again. A few moments later, the sound flipped on and the screen changed to the opening credits of the movie. You put your hand on his arm and little by little made a routine of tapping it whenever something important happened. One lady did enter the theater midway, so you lowered your voice down a bit to a whisper, but continued to describe the movie to him. You had originally come to watch it, but as the movie progressed, you found yourself more interested in Matt's smile and expressions rather than the film itself. Matt, on the other hand, started to seep his thoughts into how beautiful your voice was.

By the end of it, you helped lead Murdock up and out of the theater until the both of you stood outside.

"So, did you enjoy the movie?" You asked him as you threw away your empty drink into a nearby can.

"It was lovely. You're very kind..uh, I never did catch your name? I'm Matthew by the way, Matthew Murdock. Everyone calls me Matt though."

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Matt," you smiled, "I'm y/n."

Matt grinned. "Well, y/n, after helping me out in there, I was wondering if maybe you'd allow me to walk you home?"

You laughed. "I'd love that, but maybe not tonight. I've got to go to my friend's house after this since I'm helping out with her kid for tomorrow morning."

He looked a little deflated, but you hadn't finished yet.

"I wouldn't mind it you called me though. We could meet up later, maybe. Coffee if you'd like?"

Matt chuckled. "Yes, I'd love that actually."

You took his phone from him and set in the numbers for your own contact. You wondered how he used a phone, but knew you could ask him that later.

In your own phone, you wrote down his contact, adding a heart at the end of his name. So what? He was cute. You thought he wouldn't notice, but he heard that extra click at the end of what should've been 4 digits. He smiled inwardly as your cab pulled up to take you.

"I look forward to seeing you." You called out with a wave as you sat down in the cab.

"So do I, y/n."