El Grande Avacado

Authors note: I love all the attention these stories are getting, I honestly thought nobody would read these, but I'm so glad some of you are actually enjoying them. You guys make my day. If people really do want to see more of these, I promise I'll keep writing them. I'll have some more marvel pov fanfics out shortly, so please make sure to check those out. Love you all ❤️

Quick note; pretty long short story up ahead.

 "Got room for me?" Foggy laughed as you scootched over and made space for him to sit on a bench with you and Matt. You handed him a sandwich from your bag, accidentally dropping a slice of cucumber on his shoe. He kicked it off and it flew up into the air, but the strong wind caused it to swoop right back onto him, this time staining his shirt with a hint of mustard that got stuck to it.  

The two of you laughed, unaware that Matt wasn't in quite the same mood. 

Matt smiled slightly, but his thoughts were elsewhere.

You, Matt, and Foggy worked at Nelson and Murdock, the law firm in which you, y/n, were hired as the assistant. 

You had known neither Matt nor Foggy prior to your employment, but now as it was almost your one-year-anniversary in your position, you had grown very close to the both of them. One though, was like a brother to you, while the other one... well, you found him at least a little attractive. You knew he didn't like you the same way, though. 

Well, you thought so.

"Matt, do you want another sandwich? I accidentally bought one too many, and we can split it into thirds if everyone wants extras." you appealed, waving around the sandwich.

Foggy grinned. "Well, I'm sold!" he declared, "You know, at this rate, you could actually be a good lawyer.  Don't you think she could, Matt?" 

Matt didn't respond. 

"Matt?" Foggy repeated again.

With a look of surprise, Matt blinked, then faced the both of you.

"Uh..oh, uh..no?" 

The awkward silence of second-hand embarrassment made Matt cringe inwardly. 

"Was that not the right answer?" he winced.

You laughed. "No, you're right. I wouldn't make that great of a lawyer. I'm not that great with drama, anyway, I'd take everything to heart. I think I'll stick with secretary work."

"Oh," Matt stammered, and then after he realized what he hadn't agreed with, he shook his head and awkwardly laughed, "Oh, no, I didn't mean that. Sorry, I just wasn't listening."

"You're always listening," Foggy pointed out, "Anything wrong? Your head seems to be in the clouds today." 

You nodded. "Yeah, you good?"

"Of course," Matt reassured, although his smile seemed wobbly, "I've just got a lot on my mind. You know, uh, cases and all that." 

Foggy looked at him uncertainly but shrugged anyway. You patted his arm. 

"Well, if you ever need to talk, you know you can talk to us."

Matt nodded, but he didn't respond. You finished up your food in silence and walked back to the firm together. You worked on a few more paperwork and some appointments that you needed to get filed, and by the time you were finished, it was already time to go home. Matt and Foggy usually talked to each other, but they had been somewhat quiet during the whole time. You shrugged it off, wondering if maybe they had gotten into a fight that you weren't aware of. It wasn't Foggy so much the quiet one though, it was still Matt who seemed upset.