4: Part 2 Of Hostage

"I've got you, I've got you." Matt whispered into your ear, pressing his forehead against yours.

You tried to hide it, but a small tear fell down against your cheek. He reached up and wiped it away. You smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Stop." He shushed, "You've got nothing to apologize for. Now, we need to get moving."

Suddenly, an alarm started blaring above near the door, and since the water was rising already, both of you made haste. You were injured quite badly, your legs and arms aching. Matt helped you walk up the stairs, and you couldn't help but chuckle at the irony.

Almost as soon as you got near the door, a gunshot flew past. You heard another row of footsteps approaching.

"Matt-"

"I hear it, just keep moving to the left. The hall is empty that way. Hurry. I'll catch up to you in a second."

"But-"

"But nothing. Go y/n."

Despite your wishes, you had no choice but to start running. You looked back to see Matt running in the opposite direction, dodging incoming bullets and sliding down to the ground. He was right, the hallway was empty, but it was hard to run fast with your injuries.

Before you could make it past the turn, you heard a cocking sound behind you.

You turned around immediately, positioned to fight. A large man held onto a gun, a grin on his face.  You didn't know where he could have come from, and obviously Matt must've not heard his heartbeat. Before you could even think anything more if it, he came lurching at you.

You ducked and grabbed him under his arm, pulling him into the wall and disarming him of his gun. He nearly fell into the wall, when suddenly, he turned crystal clear. You froze, unclear if the situation. He turned around, his grin back on his face.

You aimed the gun at him. And shot. Evidently, it should have hit him. Instead, it went right through him. He was like a ghost. You walked back slowly, gun shaking in your hands.

"Stay right there." You hissed.

As you expected, he didn't listen. Before he lunged at you again, you moved out of the way and started running the opposite way, your head turned back to look at your surroundings. Since you were looking backwards though, you didn't realize when you ran right into someone.

Fortunately it was just Matt, who looked down at you as it you were crazy.

"Y/N I told you to go the other way!"

You looked around, a pile of unconscious bodies who Matt had...fought. One of them still held a loaded  gun, which you immediately grabbed.

Turning the corner, the ghost man stepped slowly into your view.

"Why are you scared? Your heartbeats getting quicker. There's nobody here y/n."

You looked over at Matt, a confused grimace on his face. You shook your head.

"Matt, just stay behind me."

Becoming more serious now, Matt tried to sniff the air. He seemed more confused than ever. As it seemed, he couldn't hear, see, or feel the ghost man's presence. There was no time to warn him, the man came closer, armed with a long sharp knife that seemed to float in the air as he held it.

The Ghost threw himself at you. You prepared yourself to be thrown back, but instead he went right through you. Towards Matt.

Materializing again, The Ghost stabbed him. He sucked in a breath, surprised and desperate. He couldn't perceive what was going on.

"Get away from him!" You growled, barely able to move still since you were in pain, but seeing Matt hurt made you angry. Angry enough to fight back.

The Ghost laughed without noise and kicked him. His eerie smile turned into a scowl as Matt grabbed his leg. The Ghost dematerialized again and was ready to stab him once more, but this time you were ready.

You took out the only weapon you had now that you hadn't used against him - guns we're obviously failing - which happened to be a taser. You learned forward and smashed it against what seemed to be air, but surprisingly, it seemed to shock the Ghost man.  He backed off, shaking and grimacing. Then he walked into the wall. You expected him to reappear, but after a minute, you realized that he had left.

"Matt! Are you okay?" You finally turned back to him, frantically checking to see how he was. He seemed to be in shock about what just happened, but was still worried about you.

"I'm fine, don't worry" he lied, "How are you?"

You laughed gently.  He chuckled back, but you could see it in his eyes; his pain.

Both of you lifted each other up, and you walked over down to the exit. Nobody else got in your way as you exited out into the night.

------------------------------------

Should I continue with this plot into part 3 or next short?? Let me know what you think!