You'll be okay

TW: Is much more emotional than other chapters <3

You were hurled across the rooftop by the blow of the explosion, nearly falling off of the edge of the building before Daredevil caught you.

Well...he was Daredevil to others, but to you, he was Matt Murdock. And currently, your fiance. In the vigilante world, though, he was also your partner in (fighting) crime, specifically of that in Hell's Kitchen.

At the moment, though, you were facing something much more bigger than you had before.

A new group of hoodlums had gotten ahold of a technokinetic individual, obviously enhanced but also incredibly smart. They, it seemed, had a knack for making dangerously tricky bombs. And one of these bombs, you had found out, was about to explode at the top of the main building in town. Matt had located it easily, but the hard part was trying to figure out how to deactivate it. It also had three mini bombs around the room, one of which had just detonated and sent you flying.

Lesson #1: stay away from the bomb looking things in the corner.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked you as you coughed and pushed yourself back up to your feet.

"I will be once we can get this over with." You said through gritted teeth. You couldn't believe that someone would have the mind to do something like this. Not only were there families living in apartments nearby, but there was no monetized or political gain whatsoever from an explosion like this.

Whoever set this up clearly just wanted to watch the world burn.

Heading over to the bomb, now, you carefully treaded near. Matt nodded towards you, listening carefully for any changes in the ticking device. As he gave you the signal to continue, you approached a screen that glowed numbers.

It was counting down from a few seconds after 5 minutes.

"Matt we don't have much time left." You gasped, begining to grow anxious now. You weren't quite sure how to disarm this.

Matt stayed quiet. He listened for the mechanics inside, and finally he came out with an idea.

"Y/N, I think I know how to do this." He muttered, but didn't seem too happy. His tone of voice implied that either he wasn't sure his idea would work, or he didn't like the outcome.

"Continue..." You urged.

He took a deep breath. "The ticking noise inside, it seems to correspond with something else. It's sound is very similar to that of an engine. But it only matches up every 30 seconds. How much time do we have left?"

"3 minutes."

"We've got to hurry up then, I'll tell you when. Open up the side and cut the wire connected to the ticking one. You've got to time it right, though."

You exhaled anxiously and nodded. Taking out a knife from your side, you unlatched the side of the bomb and looked carefully through a few wires. Matt started counting down the time next to you, and you couldn't help but sweat a bit while he came down to the final 10.

It was almost time, and you readied your knife to slice the wire.

That was, before Matthew tackled you down. You were obviously surprised, and were ready to yell at him, when the second small bomb exploded from the corner. Pieces of stone came hurdling around where you were, one flying right into the electrical box of the bomb and smashing the wires altogether. You couldn't try to cut them now You suddenly heard the ticking get quicker. You looked up, shaking off the debris, and saw that the timer had sped up. You had less than 2 minutes.

"Oh, god," you exhaled sharply, "There's no time."

While Matt tried hard to stay calm, only one solution came up in your mind.

"Matt," you mumbled shakily, "My suit can fly."

He looked at you. "What?"

More strongly now, you repeated, "My suit can fly. Glide, really, but it'll get up high enough."

Your tone of voice allowed Matt to recognize what you were thinking.

"Y/N, don't even think about it."

You shook your head. "There's no time, what else can we do?"

He paused for a moment, then faced you, gripping your arms tightly. "Give me your suit, then."

The third bomb exploded now, but it was smaller and you were both steered clear of it's direction. You smiled as your eyes watered with unfallen tears, Matt's own eyes darting around with anxiety and hurt.

"You'll be okay. I love you," you said, you're voice breaking. You placed your hand on his cheek.

"Don't do this." He cried, "Y/N, let me do it. Don't do this."

"Say it back please." You ignored his pleas, even though it hurt you.

His voice broke now too. "I love you y/n. Please, just give me the suit."

You kissed him, one hand on his shoulder, while the other grabbed hold of the bomb. You heard the ticking start getting faster, you had less than 30 seconds now.

It broke you to let him go, but you at least took one last look into his eyes. Before he could react, you broke off the kiss and ran toward the edge of the building, letting go and letting your feet slip off. Your gliders opened up and you drifted higher and higher into the night sky. You gripped the bomb as closely as you could to avoid dropping it. Tears swept off your face as the wind dried them, and you couldn't take much more as it you heard Matt's pleas and screams fade into the distance. The bomb ticked faster than ever now, less than 10 seconds remaining. The only thing you could do was stare up into the stars, your heart still anchored back on the ground, but your body being forced to fly, far, far away.

3, 2, 1........