Your Very Good Lawyer

Note: moderately long story. On a second note, I can't believe DareDevil and all of the old Netflix marvel series just came out on Disney+. Love you all <3.

A toxic ex boyfriend and a financial issue are not a very good pair.

Actually, they're not a very good anything.

Unfortunately, that's what you were dealing with at the moment, and even more unfortunately, was that they both coincided with one another.

Your friend, Matt, though, was eager to kill both with one stone. (In his case, though, he obviously wasn't going to kill anybody. You didn't know about any of his moral standards or alter egos though, yet, since at the point that he had gotten involved in your situation, you had thought of each other as nothing more than good friends. As he helped you with you issues, though, you started growing...closer.)

"You know, you're a very good lawyer actually," you said, leaning against one of those revolving chairs that almost made you tip over. Right now, he was filling out some paperwork that would help you get rid of your ex who was filing a claim that you had stolen his money. You had been losing, at first, but with Matt's help, things were looking better.

"I know." He replied simply, internally smiling but not letting you know. You waited for the next part of his sentence, but it never came.

You laughed, nudging him with your elbow, "You're so arrogant!" You teased, "Huh...Isn't pride one of the deadly sins?"

He put down his pen and faced you, smirking. "It is actually.  I guess I'll have to confess that the next time I go to Church. "

His tone seemed a little more..uh, flirty. At least, that's what it seemed like to you. You shook it off, knowing it probably wasn't, and looked away from his mesmerizing eyes.

"Hey, doesn't it look like it's going to rain today?" You asked him, looking out the window.

He smirked again, facing you now. "Is that supposed to be a joke?"

You cringed. "Uh...honestly? I kinda forget you're blind sometimes. My bad."

He laughed, shaking his head. "Don't worry about it, I was just teasing. It does smell like rain though."

You scrunched up your nose trying to see if you could smell the rain. He somehow knew you were doing this, because he laughed again.

"No..I, well, I have hightened senses because of my blindness. I can smell certain things better."

You squinted, and then nodded in understanding. "Oh, okay," you smiled, "That makes more sense. I guess I was making a fool of myself trying to sniff the air right now."

He chuckled. "No, it was cute."

You were a little confused as to how he knew this without seeing it, but summed it up as his hightened senses being able to assist him. Again though, you heard the flirty voice. You bit your lip internally.

After a pause, he added, "Do you think we're good for today? With the paperwork and all, I mean?"

You looked a the papers scattered throughout the desk. You smiled and nodded, agreeing that you should probably get going home. Before you could even get up, though, you heard the pitter patter of raindrops against the window. You groaned.

"Ugh, I just remembered. I walked here today. My cars at home."

Matt thought about it for a second. "I could walk you back home. I have an umbrella. We can share, if you want."

The thought of walking home with Matt made you smile. "If you wouldn't mind, that would actually be great."

He grinned. "My pleasure. It's around here somewhere, let me get it."

After finding it, the both of you walked out of the building and onto the street. The rain wasn't that bad, but little by little Matt would get closer to you as you walked together, talking, making sure you were comfortable. It was like this until you were literally touching shoulders and laughing as you walked up to the foot of your house. He walked you all the way to the door in order to avoid you getting wet at all.

"Wow, such a gentleman," you teased, taking out your house keys and then smiling up to him, "Really, though, I appreciate this. You're apartment isn't too far?"

He smiled. "It's not that far. You don't need to worry about it, though. As I said, it was a pleasure. I love spending time with you."

You tried not to blush, then looked at the rain as it was getting harder.

"You know," you started, "you could stay here for the night if you want. We could head over to the firm in the morning when the rain stops."

He looked at you. "I wouldn't want to be intrusive."

You laughed. "Of course not."

After a minute of thinking, he agreed and went inside. He took off his boots and jacket, hanging it on a rack. He was very orderly in his manners, but also a little awkward. You invited him to listen to a movie with you, and taking your chance, sat next to him quite closely. You had barely gotten popcorn ready when you noticed he was acting a little weird.

"Matt..are you good? I've never seen you so like.. anxious. I hope I didn't made you feel uncomfortable into staying here tonight. I just didn't want you to have to walk back in this rain," you explained. You didn't add that you were also kinda crushing on him, and hadn't actually expected him to say yes. It was quite exciting now that he was here, though, but you played it cool.

He smiled a little and shook his head. "No, I..I just wanted to tell you something."

You took the popcorn and sat down again next to him. "Yes?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, I was talking to my friend Foggy the other day, and he basically told me that if I have something to say, I should just say it and get it over with."

You nodded and smiled. "That is very good advice. What do you need to say?"

He let out a breath and paused, then looked straight at you. Instead of saying anything, he leaned down and kissed you on the cheek. You turned bright red.

"Ta...da?" He faltered.

"You missed." You stated simply, regaining yourself. 

He looked confused. "Wha-"

You cut him off with a kiss, a real kiss this time. You half expected him to pull away, but he didn't, instead diving deeper into it. When you finally pulled back to breathe, you were both grinning like maniacs.

"That was a nice way to put it." You teased.

He grinned. "I'm glad you liked it. I was afraid you wouldn't be okay with it. "

You went to lean back now, but miscalculated your turn and nearly fell off the couch. Luckily, Matt caught you almost instantly.

"How do you do that?" You asked him, smiling curiously.

He shrugged. "I'm just a very good lawyer."

You punched him in the arm, more or less falling into them at the same time.