Chills

"Want me to cross my heart?"

You wake up, aching. You wipe your nose on your sleeve and sneeze a bit. You went to bed late last night after getting caught in the rain the other day, and the consequences are just starting to surface.

You hear footsteps coming into your room, and suddenly feel the covers being peeled off of you. Growling, you turn to the side and cover your head with a pillow. The light hurts your eyes, so you keep them closed. Still, you know who it is.

"Matt, can you pass me some aspirin?" you groan, smacking your hand around to look for water on your desk that you left from last night.

Accidently hitting it too hard, you throw the glass off the table. You expect to hear a shattering sound, but it never comes. Apparently, Murdock caught it. You want to smile, but you sigh again. Your head starts to throb.

"Do you feel sick?" Matt asks you, pushing aside a strand of hair on your face.

You press the pillow against your head harder.

"My head hurts," you whine.

You can tell Matt is smirking, you feel him sit next to you check your temperature before adding slyly, "Tough hangover, huh?"

"Oh for the love of - Matt, just go get me the aspirin."

As he leaves the room, you open your eyes and sit up. Matt left the glass of water placed nicely on your nightstand. You're annoyed with him, but that's probably just because you're not feeling very well at the moment. Taking a sip of the water, you lay back down. You look at the clock. You can't believe you even slept in today. It's 10 am. Luckily, it's Saturday morning, so you don't have to work today. Although...

Suddenly, remember something quite important, you sit straight up.

"Matt!" you call out.

There is a pause as he examines your tone of voice, and he adds sheepishly, "Yes, y/n?"

"Matthew Michael Murdock. You're supposed to have a client meeting today. At 9! You're late." you remind him, but your throat starts to hurt so you end up coughing at the end.

Matt comes into the room with a pill bottle and a fresh new glass of water. He's grinning slightly.

"Oh, don't worry about that y/n. That's all taken care of."

You frown. "What? When?"

"This morning," he replies simply, tilting your chin and handing you the pills so you could swallow them easier.

Confused, you take the pills and wait for him to continue, but he doesn't. Instead, he leaves the room again. You start to get up to follow him but you suddenly get dizzy and sit back down. You sneeze again. Matt's back already, with a box of tissues and a platter of breakfast.

Baffled, you frown again.

Matt chuckles. "If you really want to know, I heard your breathing was very congested last night. You sounded like you were getting a bad cold. I was just prepared, that's all."

You laugh. "Matt! But, what about your work?"

He shrugs. "My client happily rescheduled. What can I say, I'm a very good lawyer." he winked, and added, "Anyway, I thought you wouldn't want to be alone today."

He sits next to you and hands you a plate of pancakes and orange juice. You offer some to him but he refuses with a gentle smile. While you continue eating, Matt pats your hand and goes to stand in the doorway.

"I'll be back with a movie and more pillows. Just relax."

You shake your head and grin, "What would I do without you?"