Bakery Buddies

"Good morning y/n, " Murdock smiled as he walked into the lobby. You were delivering his semiweekly breakfast order from your bakery, which Foggy had obviously set up for him.

   "Mornin' Matt." You said with a contentful look , "Blueberry and tart, I picked up a coffee on the way over at that new shop. Thought it'd be a nice touch."

   Matt pauses and smirks. He lowers his glasses down just a bit, letting you peak ever so slightly into his autumn eyes.

   "Am I going to have to pay extra for that?" He asks you, his smirk never leaving.

    "Of course not. Consider it a gift." You reply quickly with a smile. You didn't know why you added something new to his order today. Usually, twice a week, you had the same routine. It was always made up of his charming self picking up the baked goods, and you pretending that you didn't know he was flirting with you. Part of you actually couldn't bring yourself to believe he was flirting with you.

Today though, you felt a little bit daring.

Matt nodded and took hold of the goods in one hand, the coffee in the other. You didn't even have to warn him about it being hot because he automatically grabbed it by the cardboard part. You always wondered how he knew to do things like that, never dropping the basket or stumbling over something.

"Well, the least I can do is offer to walk you back to your bakery. I know it's probably not necessary, but it must be lonely having to go down a few blocks."

You thought about this for a split second before you laughed. "It's really not necessary, especially over a cup of coffee. I wouldn't mind, though. Don't you have work to do anyway though?"

Matt laughed awkwardly and waved his arms to signal the room. "I...could use a break. It would be my pleasure. Honestly. "

You laughed and rolled your eyes. He latched himself onto your arm and you started walking down the street. Immediately, he began to ask you questions about yourself, your passions, your hobbies. You learned that he was religious, found out about how he became blind, and eventually, how he became a lawyer. He seemed to have a love for the greater good.  Your journey as a baker wasn't nearly as interesting as he told his stories though.

Even as you got back to your bakery, you sat down and continued chatting. His charming personality got the best of you. It wasn't until nearly lunchtime that you realized you were late on some orders.

'Oh, jeez, Matt! I'm so sorry but I just realized I have a lot of work to do. "

Matt's smile drooped a little before he chuckled. "Of course. I do too. I can see my way out, don't worry."

You couldn't stop yourself from joking around, and the comment was instinctive,

"You can?"

Matt paused for a moment. You mentally slapped yourself, scolding yourself for being insensitive.

Then he laughed, quite louder than he had before. "That- that was a good one y/n. You're right. I haven't seen much of anything since I was nine. Why don't you assist me out then?"

You breathed a sigh of relief that he could take your jokes. You obviously had a feeling that he wouldn't react unkindly to you and your humor, but you just had to make sure.

"It would be my pleasure." You tease.

As he stood up, you did too. Your clumsy self, though, immediately tripped on a lousy piece of floor that was rised slightly. Matt caught you before you could hurt yourself.

Before you could say anything else or pick yourself up, Matt twirled you around and tilted you.

"Did you just fall for me, y/n?"

Matt's grin and cockiness nearly cause you to faint right there on the spot. He's waiting for a response, though, so you obviously can't keep him waiting.

"Maybe. Maybe I just did, Murdock." You grin, before realizing what you said. Your heart speeds up. Was he just teasing? He doesn't like you back, why would he? Couldn't you have thought of something better to say?

Your distress suddenly turns otherwise when Matt swoops down and kisses you softly.

When he pulls you back up, your head is in the clouds. You can't wipe the smile off your face and neither can he.

"I guess I just did too."