You'll be okay Part 2

*originally, the previous chapter was meant to end the way it did, but after some further thought, here's the alternate ending. :) Enjoy*

3...2...1

You closed your eyes, your ears ringing fiercely from the altitude, but surprisingly, nothing followed. You opened them now to see whether or not you were...well, dead yet.

To your surprise, you weren't.

You let out a sigh of relief, allowing yourself to finally breathe. You wiped away a tear that had bottled up at the corner of your eye.

The ticking from the bomb had stopped, but the bomb itself was intact.

Most importantly of all, so were you.

The wind was raging against your eyes and ears,  you realized you were getting up too high, so you quickly changed positions and sloped downward. You aimed for the building, and could now see everything more clearly.

Looking back down at the bomb, you could see a little green emoji pop up on the screen, pixelated. It was a picture of a man laughing - cackling, really-, a sign of someone finding humor out of all of this. What, was this whole think some sort of elaborate, sick, twisted prank? You noticed a signature at the bottom, but couldn't quite make out what it was.

As you headed down, you didn't really care to figure this out yet. With the fresh emotions that you had just gone through, catching a glimpse of Matt on top of one of the buildings made your heart jump. Fresh tears came spilling back. The thought of being separated from him forever, losing him, made you ache so badly. You swooped down, and after pulling your mini parachute, which retracted the moment you made it safely back on top, you saw him.

Matt was slumped to the ground, hands and knees, his fists clenched and quiet sobs taking over. You had heard his painful cries as he called your name the moment you took off, but now it looked as if he was defeated, everything he loved taken away from him.

The inactive bomb fell from your hands, hitting the solid ground and echoing against the floor. You were frozen for a moment, aching to run up to him and hold him, but resistant as you wondered if he would be angry that you had risked your life in that way.

Suddenly the sobs stopped, Matt gasping and catching his breath. His head shot up and he looked around, trying to hear again for any noise.

"Y...y/n?" He stammered in disbelief. His words didn't sound real to him at the moment. He was in so much grief - he had thought you were dead - that he couldn't focus on anything.

The sound of your name pushed you off or your feet. You ran up to him and fell to your knees, hugging him tightly and sobbing into his arms.

He froze in shock, but just for a second, because then he was holding you too. He hugged you tighter than he ever had before, basically hiccuping as he regained himself from his tears.

"How-How did you..?" he trailed off, in barely a whisper,"I couldn't hear your heartbeat anymore. You were too far. I heard...well, I couldn't hear. I thought..."

He mumbled and tried to give out his explanation as to why he had assumed you were dead, but you really didn't want to hear it right now.

Instead, you kissed him, this time differently to the one in which you thought you were giving him your last goodbyes. It was quick, but it let him know that you were here now, and you weren't planning on going anywhere.

He sighed softly and took your head into his shoulder. He closed his eyes hard and placed his own head on the top of yours.

"Don't ever do that to me again," he demanded softly, "Don't leave me. Don't."

You resisted a tear. "Matt, I had to protect you."

He held you tighter. "If anyone was going to die, it should have been me. Me, you hear me? I could have lost you." His voice broke at the end of his words.

You shook your head now, looking up at him and smiling sadly. There wasn't much you could say. If it was between the both of you, you would sacrifice yourself to save him, and you would do it again.

"No, Matt...you know I had to. I'm sorry." You whispered.

He didn't reply, and instead just touched your cheek. He closed his eyes and sighed again.

"I love you, y/n." He said, his voice recovering now.

You kissed him softly. "I love you too Matt. And I promise you, this time, I'm here. And I'm not leaving."

He chuckled quietly. "You promise?"

"Cross my heart."