3: Hostage

A muffled cry was loud enough in that dark, hollow, and empty room to echo right back into your ears. Specifically, your cries. Unfortunately, they weren't loud enough for anyone to hear you.

    As a quick recap of what had led you here, your mind floated through memories of walking alone, heading home, when suddenly you were grabbed by three men in hooded masks. You were skilled and should have been quick to defend yourself, but they immediately injected you with something that made your bones feel like mush. With your last strength, you incapacitated one of the men, but you fell to your knees before blacking out.

   When you awoke, you found yourself within the stronghold of one of the cities worst mob boss'. There was no doubt that you were in danger, but the fact that they had not killed you yet made you realize one thing;

You were bait.

And you knew exactly for who. The mob must have found out about your...closeness with the masked vigilante otherwise known as Daredevil. You had fought at his side on occasion out in public as your alter ego self, but preferred your more private life with him. The two of you lived together anyhow, and knowing that, he would probably notice that you didn't come home. You assumed that the mob had no idea what Daredevil's secret identity was though, because they would have grabbed him first. Especially since they would have underestimated him for his disabilities. They just assumed that he would come looking for you. Looking back at it now, that seemed like a dumb leap of faith. The mob must have had a great deal of belief in your and daredevils relationship.

   Snapping back into reality, you realized you had even bigger problems going on at the moment. A clinking sound arose from the far left corner of the room, about 10 feet from where you were gagged and tied up with metal chains. Water started rushing from a pipe. It smelled awful. Not to mention, it was flowing at an alarming rate.

You looked around frantically, realizing now that you were in a room without windows. The only door was 10 feet above your head, accessible only from the staircase on which you were tied to the bottom.

"You filthy rats!" you yelled out to your captors.

Surprisingly, although you didn't expect them to, someone answered back.

As they looked through a peep hole from the top of the door, you heard a dry chuckle and someone clearing their throat.

"Your boyfriend didn't pull through, honey. It is what it is. Have fun swimming, warm the water up for me, will ya?"

There was another chuckle and then a slam of footsteps.

"You're sick!" you shouted back, clenching your teeth.

The water was up to your waist now, as the room wasn't that big. You kicked around for sharp objects of some sort to undo your chains. You pulled hard and didn't stop until your wrists were red and sore. You were chained in a position that barely let you stand up, let alone squat. The water rises faster and there was barely anything you could do. You started preparing yourself to hold your breath as your mind scattered to find another plan.

Suddenly though, you heard a loud noise.

It sounded a lot like a scream.

Then a gunshot.

And another.

A few more screams.

A few more gunshots.

Then silence.

You couldn't tell if it was because the water was started to seep up near your neck and was splashing into your ears, but now you did hear silence after all the commotion.

Then you heard your name.

"Y/N????!!!!" someone shouted, with the most distress you had ever heard in your life.

Although it was gurgled, you managed to push yourself up and reply.

"Matt???!!!"

You heard frantic running immediately after your response, coming to the sound of your voice. You knew it was him. You couldn't celebrate yet, though.

"I'm coming, y/n!"

You pushed yourself up, higher but the chains were still keeping you down. In a few more seconds you would be completely submerged.

You heard banging on the door above you, but by then you were completely under water now. You held your breath and counted to steady it, and after 7 seconds, you felt a splash in the water near you. You opened your eyes beneath the water even though it burned, and saw a red costume. Matt held a laser pointer in his hand, a real one, you know, the weapon kind, and sliced through the chains. It was so frantic it almost skimmed your skin. Almost.

Immediatley, you lurched forward to get a breath of air, falling into his arms as you did.

The moment he felt you, safe and breathing that is, Matt grabbed you in an embrace and kissed you.

Continue to part 2 ➡️➡️➡️