Devil May Hide

Matt Murdock was your closest friend. He had been since as long as you had moved into Hell's kitchen, looking for a job. You first saw the Now Hiring sign in the Nelson and Murdock Law Firm as it was tilted awkwardly and quite worn out. That's when you first met him.

Foggy had put up that sign there a while ago, and the team had obviously forgotten about it, because it came to a surprise to them when you came in offering your help. At first, Foggy was a bit resistant to a new hire, but Matt argued that they could use a secretary who wasn't Foggy.

After that, you were hired immediately.

You had been working at the firm for over 11 months, and Matt was the closest friend you could ever needed. Obviously, he was also your boss, but after work, you, Matt, and Foggy had been hanging out quite a bit. You learned a lot about both of them, especially important details about Matt's past. You, yourself, had a messy past as well, but the others never seemed to pry.

One day while walking you home after leaving a bar, Foggy had already left and Matt (as the gentleman he was) offered to go along with you to make sure you were safe. You didn't think he really needed too, but you wouldn't turn down his offer.

"Of course, Matt." you calmly replied, although you felt a little bit more than calm. Recently, you had been finding Matt more and more... well, uh ...attractive. You knew that it was probably nothing more than, well, nothing. Still, you couldn't help but smile.

You walked in silence as you clutched arms down the road. You didn't know it now, but Matt took this time to listen to and memorize your heartbeat. You took this time to try not to blush while you smelled...well, whatever Matt smelled like. You could compare it to wood and daises. It wasn't even the smell, though, it was because of how close you were to him to be able to smell him.

When you got to your apartment front, you realized that it would be quite insensitive to leave him to walk himself home all alone. That wouldn't even be insensitive, that could even be dangerous, specially in this part of town.

"Do you want to come in?" You asked him. He didn't respond immediately, so you added, "You don't need to walk all the way home alone. You can sleep here if you want. I can take the couch."

Matt chuckled. "Well y/n..... you know what? I'd like that. I'll take the couch though."

You smiled, both of you walked up the stairs as you led him to your apartment. When he got inside, he swatted at the air and smiled.

"You've got a nice place."

You rolled your eyes and smirked. "I'm glad you could tell."

"You're smiling."

You laughed now. "Yes- yes I am. How could you tell?"

Matt's cocky grin waivered just enough for you to notice. "Just a feeling I get."

"Ah, okay."

You laid out some blankets on the couch for him, to sleep on since Matt decided his life goal was to not let you do so instead. You picked out your best ones, - silk - and wondered if he would notice. His charming nature could be overwhelming sometimes. You smiled. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

Right before you were going to bed, Matt asked you something...different. Again, different wasn't necessarily a bad thing either.

"Hey y/n, I hope you don't mind if I ask you this, but uh, could I feel your face?* .

You giggled a little. It was an odd request, but you could hear the tone of his voice that meant that this was important to him.

"Of course, Matt."