CHAPTER 17

THIRD PERSON POV

In the Azur Lane fleet the girls do a damage count and treat the girls' injuries.

London: Yes, when the special combat zone fell, it has caused this place to be very unstable.

Hood: It was all done by the sirens?

Wales: The empire's Orochi project and that mysterious explosion that destroyed everything, I have a hunch that this is all related.

QE: To foil the Siren's plans, we must not allow the empire to escape, we must figure out what caused that massive explosion. Has communication been restored?

London: Restoring communication is impossible, we will have to replace the radios, antennas and radar systems and radar screens of all ships.

The girls are shocked by this fact.

QE: Replace the entire electronic system on all ships? That would take us 2 or 3 months.

London: That's what it is. In this operation we will use flares to communicate.

The Eagle Union girls are up on the flight deck of the USS Hornet, they see the gap in space.

Denver: Aneki, what is that?

Cleveland: I don't know, what can I tell you?

Denver: I don't know, I thought you already knew.

Elsewhere, fierce combat ensues.

¡BAM! ¡BBBOOMMMMM!

A siren cruiser sinks due to that explosion, in front of that cruiser Belfast was the one that shot and sank that cruiser and she is somewhat disconcerted by the latest events.

Elsewhere Laffey and Javelin are on patrol to ensure the enemy is not infiltrating their borders.

Laffey: (drowsily) AAAHUU! How cold!

Javelin: It would be better to finish this patrol, I'm freezing too.

Laffey: I wish I had a coat.

In that the wind intensifies and they see someone behind a mist and when it clears they find themselves face to face with Ayanami.

Javelin: Ayanami-chan.

Ayanami has some confrontations on her mind, so she forced herself to abide by her imperial code and fired a warning shot, this projectile landing 1 meter to the right of Javelin and Laffey.

Ayanami: Why? Why don't they stand up and fight?

Laffey: Like I told you before, we want to be friends.

Javelin: That's right, we want to be friends.

Ayanami: Are you stupid? We are enemies!

Laffey: I don't care.

Ayanami: Of course I do! You will be treated as a traitor! We are weapons! Our duty is to fight!

Javelin: You're wrong! We are more than just weapons!

Laffey: Watch out!

Laffey pushes Javelin and a second later a 12cm projectile passes by and hits the sea, in that Yuudachi, Yukikaze and Shigure appear.

Yuudachi: (Doing somersaults) Don't bother Ayanami!

Yukikaze: (Fires her cannon) NANODA!

Javelin: Wait, we don't want to fight!

¡SPLASSSS!

Multiple projectiles hit within inches of Javelin and Laffey.

Yukikaze: Do you think we'll fall for something that simple?