8: A Monsters Mind

Pepper- Butthole Surfers

❝Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes

Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
A MONSTERS MIND
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The funeral was a joke.

Everyone grieving for a boy who wasn't even in the casket being lowered into the ground. Everyone was there too, even people who didn't know Will at all, which is usually seen as a good thing, but Gwen personally wouldn't want people who couldn't care less about her attending her funeral.

Gwen, Nancy, and Jonathan came up with a plan to search the woods for the monster that had taken Barbara and Will.

Nancy and Gwen are currently walking up to Jonathan in a field. He's holding up a gun and trying to hit a row of cans, but he misses every time. "You're supposed to hit the cans, right?" Nancy calls out making Gwen laugh.

Jonathan turns to the two girls and smiles. "No actually, you guys see the spaces in between the cans? I'm aiming for those."

"Obviously," Gwen smiles, setting down her weapon of choice- Dustins old baseball bat that she found in her garage.

"Either of you shot a gun before?"

Nancy scoffs. "Have you met my parents?"

"Gwen?" Jonathan asks.

Gwen clicks her tongue. "Can't say I have."

Jonathan begins to reload the gun. "Yeah, I haven't shot one since I was ten," he says. Gwen stiffens a bit and sways awkwardly. "My dad took me hunting on my birthday. He made me kill a rabbit."

"Wait, seriously?" Gwen asks slightly outraged. Rabbits have and always will be her favorite animal.

"Yeah," Jonathan nods. "I guess he thought it would make me into more of a man or something. I cried for a week."

"Jesus," Nancy sighs.

Jonathan turns his head to the girl. "What? I'm a fan of Thumper," He jokes.

"I meant your dad," Nancy chuckles.

"Yeah," He sighs. "I guess he and my mother loved each other at some point, but... I wasn't around for that part," Nancy holds out her hand for the gun and Jonathan hands it to her. "Um, yeah. Just, uh, point and shoot."