10: You're Crazy

In Hell I'll Be in Good Company- The Dead South

❝Proud of, and disgusted by her

Push, shove, a little bruised and bettered❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
YOU'RE CRAZY
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen grunts as she climbs up to the second story of the Wheelers' house. "Shit. I am so out of shape," She makes it to the roof and looks into Nancy's window.

Nancy and Jonathan whirl their heads around at the sound of a knock, furrowing their eyebrows when they see Gwen waving at them.

Nancy stands up from her bed and opens the window. "Gwen?"

Gwen shuffles through the window. "Yes, hello, no time for pleasantries," Gwen stands up straight with her brown leather jacket hanging off one of her shoulders and sighs. "I'm here."

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asks, noticing her shaking hands and heavy breathing.

Gwen shrugs. "Yeah. Fine. Couldn't sleep."

"But, last night... you didn't look so good," Jonathan says.

Gwen furrows her eyebrows. "Last night?" Nancy and Jonathan glance at each other and are about to say something before a look of realization hits Gwens face. "Oh! That! Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Sorry, it's really hard to focus right now."

"What are you doing here, exactly?" Nancy asks.

"Well," Gwen walks over to Nancy's vanity and takes it upon herself to have a seat on the stool. "I've come up with a theory."

Nancy sits on her bed next to Jonathan and raises an eyebrow. "A theory?"

"Mhm," Gwen nods, bouncing her foot on the ground.

An awkward silence goes by with Gwen just staring at the two with a slight crazed look in her eyes. "...And?" Jonathan urges.

"Right! Right, sorry. I had five cups of coffee this morning."

"Coffee?" Nancy repeats. "You hate coffee."

"Well, I couldn't sleep and... It- It doesn't matter." Gwen waves her hand in dismissal, continuing to tap her foot on the floor.

The truth is that Gwen needs energy. She wants to kill this thing and she wants to do it tonight, even if the caffeine makes her jittery.

"So, that thing was feeding off the deer, right?" Gwen asks and they both nod. "So how did the monster know where to look?" They both give her a blank look, slightly concerned at her rushing out the words. "Barb cut her hand, Will fell off his bike. So what did Barb, Will, and the deer all have in common?"