17: Just The Beginning

Changes- Hayd

❝I'm going through changes

But I swear I'm the same

Could you show me some patience

Along the way?❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
JUST THE BEGINNING
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(an: angst incoming!)

Jonathan turns the doorknob and enters the waiting room. When he doesn't see the person he's looking for, he gets confused. "Where's Gwen?"

Steve's head perks up. "She's outside."

"Oh," Jonathan says. "Will's asking for her."

Steve gets out of his seat with a slight sigh. "I'll get her."

Gwen hasn't stepped foot into the hospital since everyone arrived. She hasn't been in a hospital since she left the lab. She just couldn't do it. Even when Hopper tried to get her to let the doctors check her head, she refused.

She's also been a mess since they picked up the kids from the school.

Eleven is gone.

And Gwen didn't even get to say goodbye.

It feels like losing Ten all over again.

She doesn't even turn her head when the side door of the hospital opens. She stays motionless as she leans her side against the cold railing of the set of stairs she's sat on, staring out into the night.

She hasn't moved in an hour.

Part of the reason for that is because any slight movement makes her head hurt like a bitch, but that's beside the point.

Steve takes cautious steps toward Gwen, studying her emotionless face. There are still tear stains on her face that she didn't feel the need to wipe away.

Taking a seat on the steps, Steve takes off his jacket, and drapes it over Gwens shoulders.

He sits there for a moment, leaning his elbows on his knees and waiting to see if she's going to say anything.

She doesn't.

"Will's asking for you."

Silence.

"How's your head?"

Nothing.

Steve sighs and drops his head. "Gwen... talk to me."