52: Intense and Raw Grief

Drown - Seafret

❝Who will save me now?

Dive in when I drown?

Save me from myself

Don't let me drown❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
INTENSE AND RAW GRIEF
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

When Gwen starts to come to, the first thing she notices is the buttons of her overalls scraping on the floor. The second thing she notices is her splitting headache. The third thing she notices is her blue hair band digging into her right wrist.

Gwen slightly opens her eyes and watches as the end of the hallway moves further and further away. She watches as the walls move in a way that Gwen can only describe as reverse tunnel vision. It's only then when she realizes that the walls aren't moving at all. She is.

The hair band isn't digging into her wrist. A strong grip is.

Gwen is being dragged.

But, she's just too tired to do anything.

Gwen closes her eyes and after what feels like hours, opens them again when she hears metal screeching.

During the slight pause, Gwen looks around to see she's been dragged to Scoops Ahoy, a place where she's laughed, a place where she's kissed her boyfriend, a place where she's stressfully rambled to her friends about vet clinic drama, but she's snapped back to reality when she's dragged once again, away from those memories.

Gwen tilts her head back to look at the ceiling. She watches as the broken glass roof comes into view, but she has to blink away black dots when the flickering lights distort her vision.

Her hand is dropped, flopping onto the cold floor of the food court. Gwen turns her head slightly when a blurry figure is placed next to her. All she can really make out is the color yellow.

Eleven.

Eleven is wearing yellow.

Another blurry figure kneels down next to her and Eleven. Gwen blinks up at him, trying to clear away the fog contaminating her view. The figure leans down in between their heads and begins to whisper. "Don't be afraid. It'll be over soon. Just try and stay... very still."

Gwen turns her head toward the voice.

Billy.

Past Billy and through the broken roof, Gwen is rudely awakened back to reality when the Mind Flayer jumps into the mall.