18: I Missed You

Big Black Car- Gregory Alan Isakov

❝Well time has a way of throwing it all in your face

The past, she is haunted, the future is laced❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
I MISSED YOU
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(TW // mention of suicide)

JULY 14TH, 1984

Knock, knock, knock.

"Let me in, Hop!" Gwen yells.

Gwen keeps knocking on the wooden door, waiting for some kind of response.

Knock, knock, knock.

"I know she's in there!"

Knock, knock, knock.

"I'll scream! Don't make me do it!"

Silence.

"Okay, you asked for it. One...two...thr-"

Click, click, click.

The door flys open and Gwen is grabbed by her t-shirt and dragged inside the cabin. Hopper closes the door behind her, securing the seemingly endless amount of locks on the door.

Hopper is clad in his police uniform, just getting home from work. Gwen knew this as she used her powers to see when he got home.

After months of being terrified to see if Eleven was okay, Gwen finally built up the courage and used her powers to check. To say she was overwhelmed is an understatement.

"Where is she?" Gwen cuts right to the chase, venom dripping from her voice.

Hopper turns to Gwen after securing the last lock. "She's not here."

Gwen rolls her eyes. "Oh, cut the shit, Hop. I saw her."

"Saw her?"

Gwen points to her head. "Powers, dingbat."

Hopper sighs in defeat and approaches Gwen putting his hands on her shoulders. "Listen, nobody can know she's here. It's not safe."

"Okay, that's fine. I don't care. Where is she?"

"Gwen?"

Gwen sharply turns her head at a voice she thought she'd never hear again.

There standing in the doorway of her bedroom, is Eleven. She's wearing an oversized flannel with baggy jeans, and her hair is a few inches longer than it was in November.