25: This Is Dart!

People Are Strange- The Dead South

❝When you're strange, faces come out of the rain

When you're strange, no one remembers your name❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THIS IS DART!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Dustin slams the phone back onto the wall with a huff. "He's still not answering."

He walks back over to the couch where Gwen sat, clad in a red tank top and black shorts. The tank top is low, allowing for her heart necklace to shine in the light illuminating from the table lamp beside her.

"He's just busy," Gwen says quietly.

"Gwen, he's literally the police and he answers every other time you call."

Gwen shrugs, and smiles. "Maybe he just has a vendetta against kids who are bad at video games."

Dustin gives Gwen a blank stare.

"Sorry. Not the time for jokes. Got it."

Dustin sighs and takes a seat next to his sister on the couch. He matches her position, bringing his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them. "Have you been having episodes this whole time?" He asks.

Gwen shrugs. "Maybe, maybe not."

Dustin sighs in frustration. "Gwen."

Gwen groans and drops her forehead down on her knees. "If I told anyone, they would've made me go back there."

"You don't know that—"

Gwen lifts her head. "No, I do know that. Hopper tried."

"Hopper knew?" Dustin asks.

"He knew about one, but I told him that they stopped."

Dustin wants to be mad. He wants to be hurt that his sister kept something like this from him, but he's not a hypocrite.

He's been hiding something from her too, and maybe its time to tell the truth.

"What's it like? The episodes?" He asks.

Gwen unwraps her arms from her legs and sits cross cross with her hands in her lap. "I'm just... there."

"The Upside Down?" Dustin asks.