48: Garbage Popcorn and Confessions

Strawberry Fields - The Beatles

❝Let me take you down

'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
GARBAGE POPCORN
AND CONFESSIONS
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(Longest chapter yet. Get your popcorn ready.)

Gwen sits in comfortable silence as she waits for the drugs to begin to take effect on Robin and Steve. It's been at least ten minutes.

"You guys feel it yet?" She asks, leaning the back of her head on theirs.

She feels Steve shrug. "Honestly, I don't really feel anything."

Gwen tilts her head to the left. "Do you?"

"I mean, I... I feel fine," Robin says. "I feel normal."

Gwen tilts her had to the right when Steve begins to talk. "Yeah, I feel- I feel fine," he says.

"You feel fine... but you feel good too, huh?" Gwen smiles, knowing the rugs are about to hit them hard.

"Yeah... I do feel kinda good," Steve begins to chuckle, Robin following shortly after.

"Wanna know a secret?" Robin laughs. "I like it, too!"

"They think this will make us talk?" Gwen laughs. "Morons. They messed up the drug."

"They messed it up!" Robin giggles. "Morons!"

"Morons!" Steve calls.

Gwen chuckles with them. "Hey, morons!"

"There is definitely something wrong with us," Robin says with wide eyes.

Steve nods with a lazy smile. "Something's wrong."

They perk up when the door opens and the Russians once again step in, but the small smiles on their faces don't go away.

"Hello again," Gwen greets as the main guard stands in front of her, smiling coldly. The doctor sets a bag down on a table before taking out a hand gun and other metal instruments, laying them out.

"Would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like doctors?" Robin asks with a gulp.

"Let's try this again, yes?" The main Russian asks, moving to stand in front of Steve, who lazily nods. "Who do you work for?"