66: Rabies and Earthquakes

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes

❝And a message coming from my eyes says leave it alone❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
RABIES AND
EARTHQUAKES
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(TW // slight gore)

Steve screams and thrashes around as he's drug through the Upside Down by a dark vine tightly wrapped around his ankle. He painfully cries out as the ground beneath him scrapes his back while the vines covering the place cause his body to repeatedly hit the floor.

He grunts as the vine holding his ankle throws him into a slimy pile of different vines. He stays still for a moment, trying to shake himself out of shock and only begins to sit up when he hears distant screeching. He stands up on his bare feet, and watches as the sky begins to flash red with each lightning strike coming from above the clouds.

He's never seen anything like it.

He snaps his head behind him when he hears a loud snarl, narrowing his eyes as a bat looking creature comes into view. Seeing as the bat wasn't stopping, his eyes widen and he begins to back up, only to hear more screeching to his right. Different bats fly toward him from all different directions, so Steve turns back toward the pile of vines he was thrown into before.

He finds a discarded boat oar and arms himself with it before turning back toward the blood hungry bats. Steve grunts as he swings the oar, hitting a bat and sending it a few feet away. He ducks from another one before hitting one that charges from his left.

What he doesn't expect is for the tail of a bat to shoot out and wrap around his neck, sending him falling to the ground. Steve tries to pry the tightening tail from his neck while shooing away the other bats that approach, but he doesn't notice one flying on him from above.

The bat sinks it's claws into Steve's stomach while he gasps in pain. Another bat flies down, doing the same on the other side of Steve's stomach. He continues to pull at the tail choking him while swinging his legs around in a futile attempt to push away the bats digging into his flesh.

Steve watched helplessly as a bat claws it's way up to the middle of his chest, but it doesn't get a chance to dig in before it's small head caves in on itself, causing it's blood to splatter onto Steve's skin.

Steve turns his head slightly to see Gwen standing above him with purple eyes and a trail of blood falling from her nostril while Nancy, Robin, and Eddie stand behind her.