44: Air Ducts and Capitalism

Half O'shanty - Ronald Aspery

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
AIR DUCTS AND
CAPITALISM
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Gwen spaces out in her spot between Steve and Robin as Dustin paces back and forth in front of them while explaining what he saw when he spied on the loading dock from the roof.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also had a massive gun," he says. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin says.

"Well, you know," Steve starts as he throws his uniform hat on the table and leans forward. "I can just take them out."

"Take who out?"

"The Russian guard," he answers. Robin gives him a bewildered look. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asks.

Steve narrows his eyes. "Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Wait," Gwen speaks up as she catches up with the conversation. "I don't mean to be rude or anything, but... have you ever actually... won a fight?"

"Okay, that was one time—"

"Twice," Dustin says. "Jonathan. Year prior?"

"And Nancy also slapped you the same day," Gwen adds.

Steve points a finger at Gwen. "Listen, that doesn't count."

"Why wouldn't it count?" Gwen asks. "Because it looked like she slapped the shit outta you."

"It was-"

"It was a wicked slap, Steve."

"No, that's not-"

"I wouldn't be surprised if the whiplash gave you brain damage."

"That just might work," Robin mumbles distractedly before rushing to the front of the store and taking out all of the money from the tips jar.

"Robin," Steve calls from the window, but Robin rushes out of the store. "Robin!"

The three begin to rush after her.