68: Take A Seat, Nine

Lunar Rhapsody - Dr. Samuel J. Hoffman, Les Baxter

 Hoffman, Les Baxter

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
TAKE A SEAT, NINE
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

(TW // gore

I highly recommend listening to the song above while reading)

"Gwen," Steve shakes Gwen's shoulders in a panic. "Hey! Stay with me. Gwen! Hey! Gwen, wake up! Gwen!"

"Vecna," Max mumbles from below.

"Music," Dustin whispers with a look of horror before rushing toward Eddie's room. "We need music!" Everyone besides Erica follows him into Eddie's room where they scramble around looking for anything to use.

Back in the Upside Down, Steve continues his attempts to wake Gwen from her trance as he holds her face with his trembling hands. "Gwen, just stay with me. Stay with me. I love you, Pengwen. Please, don't leave me. You can't leave me," Steve looks up at Erica with watering eyes and a booming voice. "Whatever you guys are doing up there, hurry up!"

Erica quickly nods and rushes into Eddie's room. "Steve says you need to hurry!"

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin screams as he shakily sorts through music with Lucas in an attempt to save his sister.

"We're trying! We can't find anything!" Max adds.

"Seriously, what is all this shit?" Robin shouts at Eddie while holding different tapes.

"What are you even looking for?!" Eddie asks, holding more tapes.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!"

Eddie snatches a tape from Robins hand. "This is music!" he screams.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Contrary to what the others had witnessed, Gwen did climb the rope, only instead of falling onto Eddie's disgusting mattress, she falls into a black void, similar to what Gwen had been in when she had searched for Will with Eleven all those years ago.

Gwen screams on her way down, squeezing her eyes shut and flailing her arms and legs in fear before she falls onto a soft leather seat. Gwen keeps her eyes closed for a moment to gather her bearings, listening to the soft sounds of David Bowie's 'Rebel Rebel' play in her ears.