28: G's Lullaby

j's lullaby (darlin' i'd wait for you)- Delaney Bailey

❝I'd bottle that feeling you give me

And shelve that stuff for years to come❞

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
G'S LULLABY
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asks as the three stand in front of the Henderson's driveway.

Explaining everything took longer than the three anticipated, so the sky was already dark.

Dustin holds his fingers about two inches apart. "First it was like that," He spreads his arms out and Gwen nods along. "Now he's like this."

Steve scoffs. "I swear to God, its just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard."

"How do you know?"

"Because his face opened up and he ate our cat," Gwen says, quieting Steve down. "Now lets stop being idiots and go."

Gwen led the boys to the cellar, using a flashlight to see. She had a crowbar in her right hand and Steve had the bat with nails in his hands.

When they get there, Steve steps in front and grabs the flash light from Gwen, pointing it at the cellar.

"I don't hear shit," Steve says after a moment.

"He's in there," Dustin shrugs.

Steve bangs the end of the bat on the cellar doors, but no noise comes from inside. He turns to the siblings and shines the flashlight in their faces, causing them both the squint. "Alright, listen. I swear if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're both dead."

"It's not," Dustin says.

Steve raises his eyebrows. "Alright?"

"It's not a prank," Gwen says, hitting the flashlight away. "Get that out of my face."

Steve sighs. "You got a key for this thing?"

Gwen grabs the keys from her shorts pocket and throws them to Steve.

Steve unlocks the cellar doors and opens them, shining the flashlight down the steps.

"He must be further down there," Dustin says from behind the two teenagers. "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape."

"What?" Steve turns his head to look at Dustin. "Why do you get to stay?"