Chapter 3: Being with you

"You up?" I saw her text pop up. I was tired but also curious to what she had to say.

"Yeah, why?" I replied. I saw her getting online again and type right away.

"I wanted to thank you for today but I was a bit shy to do it at the company."

Not gonna lie... That's pretty cute. I found myself feeling awake again as I started to think what I could reply.

"That's really sweet of you Ryujin, but you don't have to thank me, i've been dying for another 01 liner and i'm glad I finally have one now." Was it too much? I don't know, I'm starting to panic.

"Are you coming to the company tomorrow?" She asked me. I mostly do go on weekends, hope she's coming too.

"Yeah, wbu?" She immediately came online and started typing again.

"Mhm! Maybe we can practice together if you're up to it?" She asked me. I agreed before saying goodnight and finally going to bed.

"Sounds good, see you tomorrow!" That was the last thing I typed before falling asleep.

———

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I rubbed my eyes a couple of times before sitting up straight on my bed. I took a couple of sips of water from my water bottle before sitting on my bed for a bit.

I went downstairs to make some breakfast but was surprised that Chaeyeon unnie wasn't there, she also goes to the company on weekends.

"Where's unnie?" I asked my mom. She turned around to look at me and then answered my question. "She said she didn't feel too well yesterday so she's staying home today." Aw man, now I have to take the subway alone.

I got myself ready, ate breakfast and made my way to the company. I started to listen to some music just looking down. After what seemed forever I arrived at the company as I was walking to the entrance I was a familiar figure standing there.

I sneakily walk to her from behind to scare her. I made quiet steps towards her, 3...2...1... "BOO.'' She screamed loudly before turning around.

"You scared me." She cutely pouted. "Good morning to you too." I said laughing at her.

We went inside, greeted the older trainee's before practicing ourselves. Practicing has never been this much fun, we fooled around making jokes but still preparing hard for the next monthly evaluation.

"This english text is killing me, it's so hard." She complained.

"No way, I also need to memorize english texts, what's your text about?" I asked her excitedly, so glad I have a friend of the same age now

"A text about corals or something, it's boring." She sighed putting on another song to dance on.

"No way me too! The text is killing me." I whined which made us both laugh. We didn't know each other for too long but we had great chemistry, we got along perfectly.

The rest of the day wasn't really special, we practiced hard and studied a bit at the company.