Chapter 4: Growing Chemistry

Months have already passed Since Ryujin and I started practicing together but if I had to be completely honest, it feels like no time has passed at al.

We'd dance together, sing together, eat together and studied together. We got so close so fast and had promised each other to debut together.

My participation in the survival show 'Sixteen' had already ended by me being eliminated. I got close with all of the girls participating and was really excited for my unnies to debut.

Even though I was really happy for them I was still jealous.. But it's normal right? Every trainee dreams for debut.

Anyways, Chaeyeon unnie, Ryujin and I practiced a lot together with Chaeyeon always teasing us, correction, me

Chaeyeon unnie knew about my huge crush on Ryujin but I was too scared to confess.

Ryujin has been giving me mixed signals and for a 14 year old girl it's even more confusing!

One day she acts all clingy with me and calls me cute nicknames and the other day she just tells Chaeyeon unnie that we're friends.

So damn confusing!

"Chaeryeong... Ryeongchae, Chaerry, earth to Lee Chaeryeong." Ryujin said as she flashed her hand in front of my face to get my attention.

"Huh?" Was the only thing coming out of me.

"You're spacing out again, what's up that mind of yours." She said getting in front of my squishing my cheeks.

"I like you."

My eyes widened by my own answer, what is wrong with me?? God dammit Chaeryeong!

"Are you being serious?" My heart was working over hours and I didn't know in what way she meant that. Either way I'm fucked.

I stared down at the floor feeling guilty about ruining the friendship.

"Don't you remember what I said to you the first time we met?" She smiled.

I looked up to meet her eyes, I was full of curiosity.

"I have interest in you, and that interest only grew these past months." She still smiled, her adorable whisker dimples even showing.

My eyes were all widened when I felt a pair of arms embracing me.

When she pulled away I was smiling so widely, my whole face was red and I was getting so shy.

"You know how I feel now." She smiled again. I hugged her tightly being very shy to be vocal about all of this.

I excused myself to go to the bathroom since I was all red, when I went to the bathroom I texted Chaeyeon unnie to come.

"What do you want?" She asked annoyed because I pulled her out of practice.

"I confessed, it was an accident but she confessed back and she hugged me and I ran away and now I'm here and oh my god I can't breathe." I said, Chaeyeon unnie didn't seem to be surprised though.

"That was about time! I've been waiting since forever!" She complained and we just laughed.

"Get yourself together you're all red." She said patting my head.

I started to freshen up trying to hide my red cheeks before going back to the practice room where Chaeyeon unnie was talking to Ryujin.

It seemed important so I just listened without stepping in.

"Sooo.. you're officially dating my sister now? It took you long enough you've liked her for so long." This is the first time she talked about me without being negative, does she have a fever??

"I know.. I was scared but everything worked out!" Ryujin responded.

I felt like I listened enough and stepped inside the room.

"Ahhh there you are." Chaeyeon unnie said.

Ryujin just smiled greeting me. Chaeyeon unnie left and Ryujin and I started to practice again.

Man this day is going good.