Chapter 16: On and off camera

We continued practice like normal before we heard a knock on the door.

When we opened the door we saw it was twice and gladly let them in.

"Can our favorite dongsaengs show us their debut song." Nayeon unnie said smiling.

I gave them all a big hug since we don't get to see each other that much anymore because of our busy schedules.

We got in our formation and performed our debut song in front of them.

We finished with a big smile while they clapped. They gave us some feedback about what we could change and we noted it down.

PD-nim told us we needed to start vlogging about the countdown to our debut.

We turned on the camera with the five of us and did our greeting.

"Hii~ Today we'll be showing our progress till debut. Ryujin-ah, can you remind us how many months we have left?" Yeji unnie said. I'm amazed about how comfortable she is on camera. I tried my hardest to not zone out but couldn't help it.

"Ahhh, from this day we have 4 months left. Time passes by quickly so make sure to watch all of it! Chaerry, why don't we show our amazing debut song?" I was angered about the way she talked. I wanted to kick her down the building but I had to pretend like I was close with her.

"I think that's a great idea Ryujinnie. Lets show the people who Itzy are." I said smiling trying to sound Sincere.

We laid down the camera by the mirror so it had a good view of us.
Yeji unnie turned on the music and got in her place.

We tried our best to make this take perfect and we did. We turned off the camera for a bit to discuss what we should do next.

"Chaerry-ah, I think you sh-" "don't talk to me, we're off camera Ryujin." I snared back to her making her shut up.

Lia tapped my back to send a signal to me to calm down so I did.

We recorded some more things before wrapping up the vlog and practice individually.

We had a short day today since we would need to pack our stuff at home to move in the new dorm.

Lia unnie, Yuna and I got on the subway and talked a bit with each other.

When I arrived back home I told my parents about the dorm and they helped me pack all my things.

It was hard for them to see another one of their daughters move out but at least they still had Chaemin.

I reassured them that I would call a lot and that I'd visit whenever I could.

Tonight would be the last night I'd sleep in my own bed. It was scary but also so exciting.

Debut felt so real now. Because my brain kept making adrenaline it was harder to fall asleep but eventually I managed to do it.