Chapter 20: Forgetting what happened to us

I made sure to stay awake all night to make sure she was alright. Was she really saying the truth? What if she just fools me again?

Even if this was the truth what would happen to us? Would we go back to dating? Would we give up on each other? All these questions were passing through my head making me wonder if I was too harsh on her?

If she is really telling the truth I treated her terrible while she never deserved anything of that. It's all my fault...

She did this to protect me. Why did she care so much about me? Fuck it's really all my fault.

I started to cry quietly not wanting her to wake up. She really needed some sleep because of how exhausting today was.

I looked down at her face to see it all peaceful. It reminded me of the times when we were together, we would lay like this too.

I smiled at the thoughts of Ryujin and I together. We had such great memories together and I was so mad at myself for letting her go.

I knew my feelings for Ryujin never faded away but my heart kept closing off. My head knew it was all over but my heart didn't want to get hurt again.

I wanted to call her mine again but my heart wouldn't accept it. I was too hurt for so long because of what happened that I'm not even sure if I get to date Ryujin ever again.

I tried to hold back my tears but I wasn't able to stop it.

"Don't cry, you know how much I hate it to see you cry." I was surprised about Ryujin being awake again.

She made me turn my head to where she was and told me to close my eyes.

Was she going to kiss me again? She did, but not on my lips first.

She gave two gentle kisses on my eyes making my heart beat like crazy before she put a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Sleep a bit Chaerry, I know you stayed awake." She whispered softly.

I wanted to bawl at her words but just barely managed to keep it in.

I closed my eyes once again trying to fall asleep. Finally having Ryujin sleep next to me again felt so comforting.

I clung myself into her not wanting her to ever go away. I missed this, I missed this so much.

I had my face buried in her neck and could feel her heartbeat. It was relaxed and slow, god I wanted to kiss her so bad.

It was the first time in ages I slept so relaxed. It felt like all my troubles were gone, that I had nothing to be worried about and it felt amazing to know I would wake up next to the person I love most.

I cherished this moment, I'm sure I'll never forget it and I certainly don't want too.

You make me feel like me again.