{34} "He's Cute"

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

When Addison arrived home from work that afternoon, Oliver was in the shower

When Addison arrived home from work that afternoon, Oliver was in the shower. The scent of burnt pizza lingered on the clothes that he was itching to get out of.

Today was the hardest day of work that he's had in a year. Almost every pizza he made, he burned because he couldn't get the taunting image of Oliver and Cate out of his head.

The way they blushed and laughed. He didn't know if it was envy, because Oliver had never looked at him that way or the fact that he doesn't like Cate.

But it's probably just the envy that's making him dislike the guy. What else could it be? Cate was evidently perfect in everyone's eyes.

Especially Oliver's.

The water stopped running and minutes later Oliver came out with a towel hanging loosely from his waist.

"Hey." He grinned. "How was work?"

"Long." Addison sighed. "And annoying."

Oliver's smile morphed into a frown, "Hey what's wrong? Do you wanna talk about it." He plopped down next to Addison on the edge of the bed, the water from his upper body dripping onto the sheets.

"We can talk about it when you get your wet ass off my covers," Addison murmured letting his head drop onto the boy's shoulder. "You smell so good."

Oliver laughed, the sweet sound warmed Addison's heart. "I can't get up when your big head is weighing me down." Addison felt Oliver's head shift as he glanced down at him, "What happened?"

"Nothing I'm just tired."

"We can go to bed early if you want. I don't mind."

God, Oliver was so nice to him. Even after overhearing the shitty things he said in the halls, he still showed that he cared. So why can't Addison do the same thing?

He wants to be a good friend to Oliver, it's all he wants. But something is holding him back. But he needed to fix it before it was too late. Because a certain junior was probably itching to take his place.

"Addison." Oliver scooted away and studied his face. "What's going on?"

You're too good for me.

"Nothing. I just need a shower and I'll head to bed."

His mind was filled with images of Cate and Oliver as the warm water ran down his body.

Their smiles and laughs.

He'd never make Oliver happy like that. It didn't matter how good of terms they were on, Oliver would only know him as a moody bitch. Not even his surprisingly good-smelling dollar tree body wash could make him feel better.

Why did he care anyway?

His and Cate's relationship wouldn't change him and Oliver's. Right?

Yeah, a few things would differ. But that's nothing he couldn't handle.