{50} Gabes' Incredible Intellect

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

I want to apologize for how boring these few chapters have been

I want to apologize for how boring these few chapters have been. I promise things will start back up!! Don't leave meeeee

"Go on a date with me."

Oliver's fork fell onto his plate with a loud thud. Addison watched as the boy cleared his throat before gradually taking a sip of his water.

"Oliver."

"Huh?" His face was covered by the plastic cup, actively blocking his face.

"Go on a date with me."

A day after Gabe's statement, Addison decided he was right. It was now or never, and Oliver obviously wouldn't be the one to ask. So he took it upon himself but maybe had been too blunt.

Gabe had an off day from school, so they decided to eat breakfast at the diner before heading to school. Unlike Oliver, Addison saw an opportunity and took it.

"What?" Oliver questioned.

"A date." Addison frowned at Oliver's expression. "Do you not want to?"

"No."

"No?"

Oliver finally looked his way, "Wait, no--yes, I do. I just..." He sighed. "I was supposed to ask you."

"Well yeah, but you took too long, and I really want to go out with you." Addison shrugged.

"I just needed you to be patient."

"Fuck patience."

"Addison, I--Wait, did you quote my little brother."

He took a moment to think, and that's when the shame set in. He actually took Gabe Beckett's advice. What had he become?

"...Maybe..."

"God, you two worry me." Oliver sighed. "Yes, of course, I'll go out with you. But let's fake like I asked you out, not the other way around."

"Nope."

"Why?" Oliver frowned.

"Because I'm the one with the guts here, and I take pride in that."

Oliver grinned to himself, "Guts for me to-"

"-Please don't."

...

"You know what would be nice, Addison?" Gabe smiled sarcastically. "If you'd get out of my room."

He frowned, "But I'm ranting."

"And for the first time in forever, I'm doing my homework."

He'd never confidently admit it to anyone, but Gabe's like the little brother he never had. Not that he ever wished he had one, but still. It was nice to have someone in the house other than Oliver to talk to.

So because of Addison's enthusiasm, he talks to Gabe every chance he gets.

The younger boy acts as it bothers him, but in all honesty, he loves it just as much as Addison.

"I can help you...after I'm done talking."

Gabe set his Chromebook to the side and sighed, "What?"

"We still haven't gotten accepted."

"Be patient." Gabe shrugged.

"But you were the one that said 'Fuck patience.'"

"And now I'm taking it back." Gabe glared. "It's not like you ever take my advice anyway, so why should I waste my incredible intellect on you?"

That statement got Addison smiling. He still hasn't told Gabe about him and Oliver's conversation earlier that day. He wanted to bathe in the excitement by himself for a little while.

"Actually...I did."

"You what?"

"I asked Oliver out."

Gabe's eyes went wide, "Really?!" His face lit up into an excited grin, "What did he say?"

"He said no."

"What?"

"I'm kidding he said yes."

Gabe then did something that Addison never thought he'd witness, but he was inwardly pretty happy that he did, he squealed. "Oh my fucking god!"

"Shhh, my parents are home."

"They don't care. Oh my god, I'm so happy for you guys--I mean...Congrats..." he cleared his throat and regained his composure. "I'm happy you finally took my advice.

"Yeah..." Addison sighed. "I'm happy too."

"You're blushing." Gabe pointed out. "Are you thinking about the sex you guys are gonna have after-"

"-No, Gabe, stop. I'm not even thinking about that. I'm just excited about the date. Nothing sexual."

"But you do want something sexual?"

"I'm not talking about my sex life with a 14-year-old."

"I'm just asking. You and Oliver haven't had sex in months."

"How do you know that?" Addison frowned

"Because he's been with Cate, and he told me that wanted it to be "special." Whatever the hell that means."

"Special?"

"Yeah, that's why he wanted to wait until you went on a date."

This was another reason Addison liked talking to Gabe. The boy had no problem with telling his older brother's business.

"So by special-"

Addison got interrupted by Oliver peaking in, "Gabe, why are you squealing?" he asked his younger brother with a concerned frown.

"Oh, Addison-"

"-I was just telling him about my mom's birthday coming up next month." Addison forced a smile. "Yeah, he's super excited. Isn't that right, Gabe?"

Gabe nodded, "Yeah, I love that lady. She's the best."

"Oh...Okay." Oliver looked at them skeptically before a small smile broke out on his face. "Can I come in or am I not allowed?"

"You can come in." Addison grinned

"You're not allowed," Gabe replied at the same time.

Oliver rolled his eyes at his brother and joined them on Gabe's bed. "What are we doing for your mom's birthday?"

"We don't know yet." Addison shrugged.

"Really? You've been in here for about an hour. I'm sure you came up with something."

Addison and Gabe glanced at each other before Addison spoke up, "Oliver, can you go get me my computer? I need to check the college website."

"Shit. I haven't checked all day. Be right back."

Oliver hurried down the hall and into their room.

Gabe gave Addison a confused look. "Why can't he know we're talking about him? That was so unnecessary."

"Because...I don't know..."

"You're so weird."

"You love me." Addison grinned.

"I told you not to mention that."

IIIIIIIIIIIII

Are you guys okay with how much dialogue there is? lol

They're going on a dateeeeee

Let's see how that goes...