{40} Respect...

Vote<3Comment<3Follow

Addison sadly had to abandon his three-week Christmas break

Addison sadly had to abandon his three-week Christmas break. Just like Oliver's decision to abandon his responsibilities as a big brother, and a friend.

"Do I really have to go?" Gabe frowned. "Because I really don't wanna go."

Addison picked up the boy's backpack and threw it at him, "Yes. Now get out of my car."

"Addison please. let's just go back home, just this once." The boy pleaded.

School happened to also be a weakness of his. And If it weren't for the last sliver of maturity left in Addison, he would have agreed.

"Gabe, we can do whatever you want tonight, I promise. But right now, I need you to get out of my car."

Because of Oliver's "disappearance," he's practically taken over the role of his older brother. Late-night girl advice, pointless inside jokes, and of course, the morning rides to school. Since Oliver rides with Cate.

Because god forbid he rides with Addison for less than 20 minutes.

"Promise?"

"I Promise, now go."

...

Obsessed.

That's what they were, and Addison was sick and tired of it.

"Look at the way he looks at him." Eli sighed. "They're in love." Eli and Eve have been swooning over Oliver and Cate's relationship for 10 minutes straight, practically forgetting his existence.

Every time they're near it's "Aww" this and "Adorable" that. Oliver and Cate could literally be standing there-- like they were doing at the moment-- and people would think it was the cutest thing in the world.

"They're not even talking," Addison muttered. "Or looking at each other for that matter, they're literally just standing side by side."

"Still." Eve smiled. "It's adorable."

Addison would never allow himself to agree. He didn't care about Cate, he wanted his friend back. And if he didn't get that, he at least wanted his friend to be with someone worthy of his time and affection.

One thing he was sure of, is that Cate Wilders was not that person.

But who was Addison to tell him that? The distance between them has only grown, and with the way, things were looking, that's all it'll do.

{Flashback} [3 days ago]

Oliver's footsteps echoed throughout the halls. Gradually getting closer to his room.

With every step, Addison felt a spark of hope ignite within him. He sat up from his bed and the room door creaked open.

Oliver peeked in and sighed when his eyes met Addison's, "I thought you would be asleep." He murmured walking into the room and heading towards the dresser. He threw open the drawer and started pulling out his PJs.