Chapter 10

Chapter 10

For days they have been hiking through the woods, following whatever they could catch on about Percy. Despite of the fact that they were searching for someone who didn't leave much behind was like searching for a pin in the ocean, they never gave up. Just as they knew that Percy would never give up on them. All of them knew that his parents' death was the final straw for him. They understood why he left. But that didn't stop them until they find him. And no matter what is he planning to do, they'll join him and follow him everywhere he goes. There's no way they were gonna leave him willingly.

"Hey guys check this out." Thalia called out and everyone crowded around her. She was on her knees, looking through a bush.

"Someone is camping there. Let's go check it out. It could be Percy." Clarisse said.

And they moved towards the campsite.

"Hello? Anyone around? We would like to ask something." Piper called out, using a bit charmspeak.

"You didn't need to use charmspeak you know." A voice said from above them.

They looked up and saw Grover jumping off a tree branch.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked as he reached the ground.

"We could ask you the same." Clarisse returned.

Grover shrugged, "I asked you first. But I guess you guys are out looking for Percy and I can tell you that he isn't here. I've been trying to track him and even building this camp to lure him out but he aint showing."

Thalia and Piper shared a look as they eyed Grover carefully.

Grover had changed.

Ever since Percy left, he had been frantic, running around searching for Percy like crazy.

Now, the satyr in front of their eyes was not the old one anymore. This satyr was much more serious and quiet. They couldn't recall when the last time he ever played on his reed pipes was.

Thalia placed a hand on his shoulder, "Grover, are you okay?"

Grover turned to look at her, "Are you okay? I don't know. How are you feeling? With Percy missing and all. I heard what happened at Olympus."

Thalia sighed, "Why not we go take a walk?" then she turned to her friends, "You guys stay here. I need to talk to Grover. And maybe you guys could pack everything up? Grover will be joining us on the search."

Jason nodded and motioned them to get going, hoping that Thalia could get something off her chest while helping Grover take the burden off his shoulders.

"So, life eh?" Thalia started.

Grover let out a sound that sounds like mocking laughter, "Yea, life. That's how we have to live. As if war isn't enough."

Thalia let out a chuckle, "That's how it is. I just hope Percy is okay. Have you tried the empathy link?"

Grover nodded, his face downcast, "I tried many times. He cut off the connection. I tried reconnecting us again but failed. I guess he didn't want me to get hurt if he died. But one thing that I know for sure, he's much more powerful than before."

Thalia lifted her eyebrow at the statement.

"I almost succeeded on connecting with him and before he cut it off, I felt overwhelming power on his side. It almost killed me."

"So you're saying that he is becoming more and more powerful?"

"Yea. Probably how he survived alone outside camp himself."

"Well, he did survive Tartarus, I'm sure the mortal world would a lesser challenge."

"Yea I guess. I just hope that he would show up and talk. I really need my best friend back."

"Me too. Hey, wait, with you here, how's Juniper doing?"

"They had to cut her tree down when we were getting moved to Olympus."

"What? Why?"

"Annabeth said that Juniper's tree had too much nectar and ambrosia and they didn't want any monsters getting to it."

"That Wisdom Spawn." Thalia growled.

Grover looked at her, "Thalia, calm down. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters most is finding where Percy is and knocking some sense into his head for leaving us like that. I know his parents' death was the final hit but the least he could do was tell us before leaving."

Thalia grinned, "I like the idea of knocking some sense into him."

Grover burst out laughing and they both made their way back to their friends.

When their friends saw them laughing and almost talking without worry, they all sighed in relief.

Thalia and Grover were those who were closest to Percy in the group. And they couldn't afford to lose them on the way.

"So, where to next?"

Alpha jumped from tree to tree silently with Destiny following behind while the rest of the Phoenix walked on the ground in defense formation.

Right before they stepped into a clearing filled with all kinds of monsters, the group stopped.

The champions of Hestia jumped off the tree and landed swiftly in front of Phoenix. Alpha looked at Destiny and she motioned him to talk.

"Okay guys, time for another battle. Trust each other and we will return with victory. Now huddle around." Alpha and Destiny then stepped into a circle with their friends and they put their and on each other's shoulder.

"Phoenix to victory!" And they charged into the ranks of monsters.

Weapons clashed and monsters are falling by the second.

To be honest, the monsters didn't know which side to defend themselves from.

Apparently, the demigods had found themselves walking straight into an ongoing battle. They couldn't escape even if they wanted to. So Grover sprang into action immediately and commanded the wild to his aid.

Even though they were fighting the same army of monsters, they didn't know that there's was another group of people fighting on the other side.

So when they met in the middle, both group where stunned.

Sure the two leaders of Phoenix had known that there's another group around but they didn't focus enough to find out who and what they were doing.

"What are you demigods doing here?" Destiny asked.

Thalia stood in front of the group, "We're looking for our friend, Percy. Have you seen him around?'

Aware that said person tensed beside her, Destiny spoke again, "Why are you looking for him out here? Shouldn't he be in your camp? Last I heard both your camps have been moved up to Olympus."

Jason shook his head sadly, "A lot happened after the war. He left."

Destiny nodded and turned to her brother.

The demigods watched closely as the two began to discuss mentally.

When both of them turned back to the group, most of them had concluded that they know something.

"You must have been in the wilderness for days. Come and join our camp. You can rest then."

A/N:

Yay!! I updated!!

Hope you guys enjoy.....

11/4/2015