Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"I don't think that's the right way."

"I remember that it was the other way."

"I'm not sure though, it could be this way."

"What if we were wrong?"

"But none of us is sure which way it was."

"Maybe we could ask one of the members?"

"Do you see any of them around?"

The demigods stood in the middle of a hallway in the mansion of the Phoenix.

With every hallway looking almost the same, they had lost their sense of direction.

Even though they had been in this building for a couple of weeks, they still couldn't find their way around. After all, their rooms were situated at the ground floor and they only hung out at the pool or at the garden. Finally they were allowed to train but the members of the Phoenix failed to give them the most vital information: Where is the training room?

"Guys, I think we should just wait till one if them returns. I don't wanna risk getting caught walking into somewhere we shouldn't be." Hazel said.

Frank wrapped an arm around her, "She's right guys. We shouldn't wander around where we shouldn't. Especially when Destiny had warned us about it."

"But what are we going to do? Hang around at the pool again? We've been doing that for the past two weeks. I can't stand not doing anything. We should train, then continue looking for Percy." Clarisse fumed. Chris longed to put his arms around Clarisse but he couldn't. Instead, he glared at the red tattoo on his arm.

Jason sighed, "Clarisse, let's just rest one more day."

Clarisse rolled her eyes, "What they don't know won't kill them." With that, she turned the knob on a random door and pushed it open.

"Clarisse!" They all exclaimed in unison.

"What?" Clarisse growled, "They won't know anyway. None of them is around."

Not being able to ignore their curiosity, they look into the room.

The room seemed to be glowing. The walls were of dark purple with silver linings climbing up the wall. Most of the furniture was black in colour with silver or blue lining designs on them. The floor was made of some unknown material and there seems to be water beneath the floor. It was that that made the room glow. The water seems to be sparkling.

The demigods slowly walked into the room, drawn by the sparkling water. Looking around the room, they tried to find something that could identify the owner of the room.

"Guys? Wouldn't the training room be more likely at the basement?" Katie asked suddenly.

Leo burst out laughing, "Damn Katie, you should've said something earlier."

Travis shrugged, "We could go check. Who's with me?"

Half of the group raised their hands. And the demigods split into two groups.

Clarisse, Chris, Grover, Jason, Piper, Hazel and Frank stayed in the room while Katie, Travis, Conner, Leo, Thalia and Nico left and made their way to the basement.

"Guys, something smells familiar in here." Grover sniffed the air. Six heads snapped towards him. He stopped moving and sniffed around.

"Yup. Something smells familiar."

Piper stepped closer towards Grover, "What kind of familiar?"

Grover shrugged, "It's like an old memory."

"Could it be Percy?"

Grover closed his eyes and concentrated.

Hazel knelt down and placed her palms on the ground, "I can't sensed anything. I don't think the floor is concrete."

Jason nodded, "It's pretty obvious."

Hazel shook her head and frowned, "No. What I meant is that I don't think the floor is solid."

"What?!"

Clarisse burst out laughing, "You've gotta be joking. If the floor is not solid, then how are we walking on it?"

"I don't know. I should be able to sense any solid ground but I can't feel anything here."

Chris took a step towards the window, "I think I hear something."

"What is it?" Frank walked to Chris' side. The both of them peered out the window and they paled.

"We should get out of here."

"What is it?" Clarisse repeated Frank's question in frustration.

She looked out the window but she didn't see what the two boys saw. Instead she saw the sky full with clouds that shield her view of the sun. It was like night outside.

"Damn it's dark out." she muttered.

Frank grabbed Hazel and started moving towards the doorway. Somehow, they had walked rather deep into the room.

Thunder rumbled and lightning flashed. The sound came so sudden that the demigods jumped at the loud noise.

"We should really go."

The light from the lightning that kept flashing outside the room made the inside of the room more mysterious.

Clarisse scowled, "What's the rush? We haven't figured anything out."

Before anyone can get another word out, a voice rang through the room, "Maybe I can help you with that."

And the ground gave way, sending the demigods into the water.

"It's really water!?" Jason shrieked. "I am not good with water! I'm a child of Jupiter!"

"Good to know, son of Jupiter. But I already know that. What I want to know right now is what were you doing in my room?"

A shadow loomed over them as someone walked towards them. He or she seemed to have no problem walking on water. Hazel then realised that the part of the floor where that someone was walking was still solid.

Suddenly, the water around the demigods began to solidify and soon the only part of the demigods that was not under water was their heads.

"Now, would you please explain why the hell were you in my room?"

The person knelt down in front of the demigods. All seven of them paled.

Kneeling in front of them was none other than Destiny, the second in command of the Phoenix.

Her eyes glowed dangerously, a frown visible on her face. Lightning and thunder continued their show outside the mansion. However is was obvious as to who was controlling it. Though the demigods never knew she could control the weather. With her magic, she might be able to do just anything.

A/N:

So this chapter is dedicated to my old friend, she was the one who came up with the idea of demigods getting lost in the mansion. Haha thanks girl <3

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's rather short though but I needed to cut it off where it did.

I'm having major exams this year but I would try to update regularly.

Lastly, comment and vote. It would be amazing to hear from you guys.

Enjoy and goodnight. :)

29/4/2017 Saturday 1040pm