Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Olympus was a mess. 

Nobody except the gods knew what was happening. 

Everyone was confused. 

Just as people started arguing about what had happened, the Olympians flashed in from the throne room. Of course, they could only go into their own coloured territory. 

"Lady Hestia? What is going on?" 

When Hestia found herself landing outside the blue gate, she realized that some beings on Olympus were not in either of the groups. They were on mutual ground. She wasn't surprised when Chiron had walked up to her and asked her a question. If there was anyone who would be on mutual ground between the war of the Gods, it would be Chiron the centaur. 

She turned to the thousand old centaur and sighed, "All would be explained soon."

Hestia couldn't understand why she had landed on mutual ground. Chiron saw the confusion on the goddess' face and cleared his throat.

"Lady Hestia, you can never be on any specific side. You're the hearth. Hope."

Hestia remembered.

She was the Last Olympian.

If she was involved in a side, then it would mean she had given up hope on the other. That would represent opening the Box.

She could not do that.

With the Pandora Box in her possession, she would always be on mutual ground.

Lightning flashed and the Olympians flashed into their respective grounds. They were all in battle armour and the sight was not comforting. Instead,  it was as if world war III is about to erupt.

In a way, it might just be it. 

Zeus and Athena glared at the Rebels. They shared a look.

"Olympus," Zeus bellowed, "As you can see, we now have two sides of ground. If you're in the opposite ground, you are not allow to neither enter opposite ground nor interact with opposite colored being. Warriors and Rebels are to be separated at all times. If you are caught, you would be banished from Olympus. Am I clear?"

The whole of Olympus muttered a 'yes'.

Satisfied with response, Zeus nodded to Athena. Athena stepped forward and addressed the Warriors, "Warriors, gather at the arena immediately."

With that, the Warriors begin to move towards their next destination.

Demigods struggled to keep their tears at bay, staring at their friends who were on the other side, their hearts were torn at the fact that they had to be separated from their friends and families. Couples were heartbroken, staring longingly at their love ones and hoping to hold them in their arms once again. They were simply too fearful of the tensed Olympians to let their tears fall. 

Hestia's heart clenched at the sight of sad children. She could never stand sadness even though people tend to go to the hearth when they're down. She sighed and suddenly an idea popped up in her mind. She hurried towards the middle of both gates which were directly opposite of each other and built a bonfire.

Once it was properly built, she stepped into the fire that she has just created.

Hestia poured her heart for the people in Olympus into the fire. The fire grew to a height that even at the end of Olympus, you would be able to see the fire. She poured out her feelings and the warmth of the fire reached each and every sadden child. With the fire, Hestia tried to comfort the children at her very best but she herself was struggling to stay strong.