Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The hardest thing to do during a therapy session is always the part where you have to recount all the horrible memories that you've kept locked away. No matter how much you struggled, the therapist will push you until you've completely broken down and the barriers that you've put up to protect yourself are no more. Even when you do it willingly, it is never easy. Alpha had to fight off all his insecurities and uncertainties when he shared his story with the Phoenix. He struggled to keep his emotions at bay but the ocean behind him reflected his emotions. Waves hit the shore harshly and the wind blew strongly causing their hair to whip around. However, none of them felt fear. Instead, they felt comfort, knowing that they're leader is finally trusting them completely.

Learning about something so personal to someone is comforting. It means that the said person trusts you enough to tell you their story. With trust and faith in each other helps build their teamwork. And in battle, teamwork is very important. Being there for your comrade is vital especially when he or she is injured. On battleground, your allies are the only ones who you can count on to give you support. Vice versa, they would also be relying on you to give a helping hand whenever needed.

Community is incredibly important to man. No man is an island. Not even the betrayed can survived being alone. Same goes with Alpha. When he was finally done with his story, relief filled him. Seeing the anger on the faces of his family, he knew that choosing to tell them was not a mistake. On the other side, the Phoenix understood how the demigods came into play triggering Destiny's worst nightmare. However, something was missing. Alpha's recount did not explain the appearance of the demigods during battle. A piece was missing from the puzzle. A vital piece.

After listening to their first in command share his past, the members of the Phoenix leaped to their feet and crushed each other into the group hug. They remained like that for a long time.

Until Destiny gasped and pulled herself away from the hug.

"What's wrong?" Lucian asked.

Destiny's eyes glowed slightly as a scowl formed on her face, "Someone is in my room."

Hearing so, the Phoenix got into battle mode as Destiny started to glow brightly. Alpha frowned but too let loose some power and aided Destiny in teleporting the group back to their mansion.

Reappearing outside the mansion, Destiny raised a hand and everybody halted their footsteps. Alpha glanced at the window leading to Destiny's room and growled, "Everyone check your rooms. If your room have been intruded, raise your hand."

Destiny grunted and a faint glow expanded from around her towards the mansion. Soon, the whole area was filled with faint silver glow that darken by the second. The sky started rumbling and the clouds gathered over the area.

Alpha's eyes widened. His sister was angry. Really angry.

Destiny clenched her fists tightly and forced words out of her mouth, "They only went inside my room. Oh wait, the basement too."

Ark's aura flared immediately. "What the hell?!" He growled.

Cheetah and Lucian closed their eyes. "There's no way they could get past our locks."

"They have not broken in yet." Olive said after bending down and placing her palm on the ground.

Alpha let out a frustrated sigh and the ground shook in response to his anger. He shared a look with his family and instantly everyone knew what to do. Without words, they dispersed.

The sky rumbled and lightning flashed. The weather was getting worse as Destiny's anger grew. Making her way into the mansion, she deliberately lengthen the time taken to her room. She wanted to catch the demigods red-handed. Lucian, Stealth, Leon, Night and Stardust followed silently behind her.