Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"So do you want to settle in Camp Half Blood? Or continue out in the wilderness?" Hestia asked the Phoenix.

The Phoenix took a few seconds to discuss and Destiny finally concluded, "We'll stay at Camp Half Blood for a few days and continue on with our duties."

Their patrons nodded, approving their decision.

"Okay. Now that that's settled, we shall reward the heroes." Zeus announced.

Each and every fighterwas rewarded with a gift of their own liking and the Olympians granted everyone partial immortality like the Hunters of Artemis and soon, it was time for the celebration.

The Phoenix was welcomed to join but they declined and chose to accompany Hestia in tending the hearth.

Halfway through the party, Percy joined them.

"Hello Perseus." Hestia greeted.

"Hello Lady Hestia." Percy returned.

Hestia smiled, "So what brings you here, young hero?"

Percy shrugged, "I just had feeling like... I don't know. It's just that something doesn't feel right."

Hestia just smiled, "Follow your heart and you'll know what to do, Perseus." Percy smiled gratefully at Hestia and walked away.

Destiny suddenly tensed and wanted called after the boy who had just left but Hestia stopped her, "No child, don't say anything. It is his destiny and he must face it no matter what."

____________________Line Break___________________

Days soon became months.

Percy heard someone screamed from the woods one day and he sprinted straight towards the source of the sound.

Once he was near, he slowed down and crept behind a tree. He saw a boy fighting two hellhounds and was winning. But then he lost his footing when blocking a strike and fell onto his back. The monsters advanced on him immediately.

Percy drew Riptide and jumped into the clearing. Within seconds, the hellhounds were nothing but a pile of golden dust.

He turned around and saw the boy already on his feet, holding his bronze dagger out in front of him in a defensive way. Percy raised his hands and sheathed Riptide back into pen form, "Hey, calm down. I won't hurt you. I'm here to help you."

He shook his head, the hood falling from his face, "Everyone says that but they were not least helpful."

Percy sighed, "Look kid, those things," he pointed at the dust, "Will come back anytime. If you wanna stay here and fight them again, then stay. If not, follow me and I'll bring you to safety."

The boy looked at him, still not really believing but nodded. Percy turned around and started to walk back to camp with the boy hot on his heels.

When they reached the Big House, Percy brought the boy to Chiron and explained everything. After listening Chiron started, "Percy, you know not to help a demigod at their first battle."

Percy nodded, "Yes, I know. But he was about to get killed. There's no way I'll let him die just like that. I didn't get much training when I went on my first quest and that's because of time limit. Now that the war is over, he will be able to have more training that I got. I don't want another demigod dying because of lack of training." Chiron nodded at his explanation and let him out.

If Percy had turned around to look, he would've saw Chiron shaking his head at him and scowl. He would've also saw the boy being claimed by Zeus.

______________________Time Lapse__________________________

The stars were surrounding the moon, shining brightly as they brought out the uniqueness and beautifulness of the moon.

Percy lay on the boulder, folded his hands behind his head and took his time bathing in the light of the moon. He sighed and closed his eyes, allowing the fresh air of the sea and the night to fill his lungs as he took a deep breath.

Memories flew through his brain.

Percy winced at the sudden thought of betrayal by his friends and the death of his family by the hands of a dark figure that he seemed to hate with a fiery passion. He didn't understand why such thoughts were in his mind but he couldn't shake it out. Even though the images were blurred out, he could see that in his mind those who betrayed him were the closest of friends.

Annabeth then invaded his mind.

When he was finally thinking of all the sweet times with his girlfriend and not ridiculous thoughts of betrayal, Percy was reminded how the campers started to treat him not long after the Giants War. Despite how they treat him, he still wouldn't believe that they would betray him.

Percy couldn't take more of the reminder so he leaped off his boulder and slowly made his way back to his cabin.

The next morning.

Percy lifted his hands to block out the blinding light that was streaming in through the windows in the cabin when he woke. He then pushed himself up from the covers and groaned, "It's morning already?" he muttered to himself.

After getting dressed in jeans and sweatshirt and freshened up, he then made his way to breakfast.

On the way to the dining pavilion, Percy saw campers getting out of their cabins and made way to the pavilion. As they walked, they ignored Percy and constantly tripped him. By the time he got to his table, his knees and arms were full of cut and scrapes.

After breakfast, he tried to look for Annabeth but she was nowhere to be found. She had been quite distant and cold towards him lately and she had been missing for a while now but nobody seemed to notice. But he did found his favorite cousins, Thalia, Jason and Nico. "Hey guys, welcome back. Have you seen Annabeth? And what's going on? I woke up one day and everyone started to glare at me. Do you know what happened?"

The trio shook their heads and looked at Percy in confusion, "Glare at you? Why would they do that?"

"Isn't that what Percy just asked you?" Someone said from behind them.

They turned around only to find Clarisse, Chris, Katie, the Stolls, Leo and Piper.

Percy was grateful to have them with him as they were they only ones who didn't treat him badly like the rest of the campers.

"Annabeth's at Olympus," Clarisse looked graved, "She told the gods about you cheating on her a few days ago and she had been staying there for quite some time. "

"So she's at Olympus? Why- What?!" Percy exclaimed, "Why would I do that? Why would I cheat on Annabeth?"

Piper placed a hand on his shoulder, "I don't know why she did it but one thing for sure, you did nothing. We believe you."

"Oh and remember that kid you save a while ago? Yea, he's at Olympus with Annabeth now. He got claimed by Zeus. I'm afraid he had put in a complaint about you lying to him about being a good guy after he saw you having a meeting with Gaea and that the victory in the war was a fake and that it was just to let us let our guard down. He also said that he had seen you cheating on Annabeth with another girl, though he claimed that he couldn't see who that girl was." Leo ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

Chris's shoulders were slumped when he continued filling Percy in, "Now Athena is very angry. She's turning the council towards you. A few of them still believed you though. "

Katie wrapped her arms around Percy and said, "We didn't believe them. We know you wouldn't betray us."

 "No. But they betrayed me." Percy said darkly. The sudden change of mood and attitude caught the demigods of guard. When they came back in realization of what had happened, Percy was no longer with them.

A/N:

So, if some of you had read this chapter yesterday, I suggest you re-read the chapter. I've made some, no, a lot of changes.

Enjoy ^_^

5/11/2014

Love,

Ann.