Chapter 14 - Feelings - Baby

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains some mild sexual content that may trigger others. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

When I was a child, Nadia would sneak me books to read while daddy was away. Some were educational but others were full of fairytales about princesses and villains. Scary monsters and the knights that would come and rescue them.

As I grew older, I cried and wished upon the stars that one day my knight in shining armor would take me away from the constant pain and torment daddy would inflict upon my frail body.

My mind remained strong as years and years went by as I remained in the desolate cold and dark attic, nursing the cuts and bruises that littered my skin.

Daddy did everything he could to break my body but he could never taint my soul. Nadia kept me sane with her tiny gifts and reassuring words. Bestowing the only act of kindness I would ever receive in that prison.

When she went away, some of the hope died but then Dante pulled me from my darkness. He called in the Calvary, in the form of a leather-clad goliath and a merciful healer with benevolent eyes. They whisked me away to their kingdom, a whole new world that inevitably led me to my light.

My savior.

With his stormy eyes that gleam like ice when he looks down at me with evident adoration, igniting a whirlwind of emotions I have never felt before in my life.

Butterflies creating a kaleidoscope in my tummy, wings flitting with everlasting anticipation when we are together.  

As I lay there in his arms, I think over what he told me last night.

That he loved me.

I'm still not sure what these feelings I have for him are but I am too nervous to try and explain to him how my heart beats in my chest just a fraction faster when I am around him, how it goes wild when he holds me in his arms. Whenever he kisses me on the forehead, my skin tingles. And when he calls me angel and precious, I swear my breath gets caught in my throat. That when he runs his fingers through my hair, goosebumps litter my skin.