Chapter 21 - Alone - Baby

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

Today felt different.

There was a stillness in the air that had me feel all kinds of topsy turvy.

I stared down at the courtyard, men and women all dressed in black cargo pants and black tees tucked in filled the courtyard. An emblem of a howling wolf is printed on the sleeves in shiny black lacquer. They were lined up in six rows of ten, feet planted shoulder width apart and their arms behind their back with their hands clasped. Their gazes remained on Dante as he stood before them, what he was saying was undiscernible from the distance from my balcony.

The triplets stood behind him, the one in the middle held a tablet similar to mine, tapping away on it furiously. The two on either side of him held large guns across their chest, the dangerous end aimed at the ground.

The sight was unlike anything I'd ever seen before...

...and I knew something was wrong.

The few staff I've seen have all but disappeared and breakfast was served to me in my room by Declan, who remained in the open threshold as I ate quietly. Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon, pumpkin bread, and banana slices with Nutella drizzled over the top. I only ate about half of it when my stomach protested another bite, pushing it across the coffee table away from me.

He eyed my plate questioningly when he came to take it away and I just shrugged, curling a few strands of my hair from my low ponytail.

With a sigh, he had left and when I heard the suit doors click shut, I scrambled up from my seat and rushed to the toilet, emptying the contents of my stomach with choked cries.

To remove the icky feeling after getting sick, I took a hot shower, taking my sweet time just standing under the rainfall of water and exfoliating my entire body with a minty-smelling purple scrub that made my skin feel all tingly and soft.