Bonus Scene

[Not Edited – December 4, 2023]

☁️ Please don't forget to support When Snow Falls by clicking the star button at the bottom of each Chapter. Having you support my story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

______________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

______________________________________________________

~Unknown POV~

Bitter numbness bit into the flesh of my bare feet with every step I took as I ran further and further into the forest. 

I don't remember the last time I wore a pair of shoes.

I don't even remember the last time I was this cold.

When the shrill tone of his phone filled the stale air of the cabin for the third time in the last five minutes, just as he was about to put his hands on me, he cursed obscenities as he stomped over to his discarded coat at ripped his phone out of the pocket. However, when he saw whoever was calling, his skin visible paled before stumbling out of the room.

The only difference I noted, unlike every time he abandoned me within the four wooden walls I've memorized every grain mark, every groove, and every notch in each and every polished log, was the dead silence that followed after the door swung shut.

The lock wasn't engaged after the door closed shut behind him, I tiptoed to the hunk of wood that has been holding me prisoner since I was brought here and gently pushed against it. When it moved behind the weight of my hands, my heart just about lurched up my throat and clogged my airway.

It wasn't locked.

Anxiety twisted in my tummy, was this it?

Could I finally escape?

I peeked through the glass of the barred window and saw the man pacing back and forth on the porch as he spoke on the phone. His free hand tugging on the strands of his usually impeccably coiffed hair.

He looked worried and with the rate his teeth were gnawing on his bottom lip, I had no doubt that he'd be speaking on the phone for some time.

Perfect.

Not having been permitted clothes in so long, the only thing that kept me warm in these cooler months were the layers of blankets draped across the bed and an old sheet I'd ripped apart in a fit of rage years ago and turned into an oddly shaped toga. Shoving my hands between the mattress and box spring, I pulled the toga out from under my mattress and quickly slipped it on as well as his coat. It was thick and warm, only the finest for the obscenely rich bastard.

Mine now, asshole.  

Snow was just starting to fall, alerting me of the change of seasons. I haven't truly been able to enjoy a winter since I was stolen away from my home and the man that I truly loved.

Pushing the door open, I quietly closed the door behind me and locked it for good measure before tiptoeing towards to the kitchen I've never been allowed to use and carefully unlatched the lock before pushing up the small kitchen window. I froze when it barely opened more than a foot and a half when it began to screech in its tracks. I stopped immediately and tuned into my adept hearing senses and waiting for any sign that he heard, but when his grumbling and stomping continued I released the breath I was holding and eyed the window. The opening was small but I knew I'd fit.

I'd lost an obscene amount of weight, I've long lost any recognition of the body I had once had. My curves were gone, pooch now flat, and ribs countable. Even my skin was paler than it used to be, the blue hue of my veins visible through my pallor and I didn't even want to know what my face looked like, I hadn't seen a mirror the entire time I've been at the mercy of that man. The only thing he was ever concerned over was his sick infatuation with my hair.

He would sit behind me for hours, just playing with my hair, its grown so long that it would caress the back of my thighs if I didn't braid it up. It was so heavy that I dealt with headaches daily and was forced to spend most of my time laying down just to relieve myself of its weight. 

Cold air kissed the tip of my nose and cheeks, slightly burning my skin. With a shiver, I hoped onto the counter and slid my thin frame out the window feet first. When my feet hit the ground on the other side, the sound of dead leaves crunching beneath me froze me in place. Again, I listened to see if he happened to hear it, the cabin was small and sound traveled easily, but when all I heard was his continued chatter, I let out my breath and released my tight grip from the window frame and eased it shut.

The less clues of my escape I left behind, the more time it would buy me to get as far away from this hell that I could.

Without a second thought, I darted into the dense forest surrounding the cabin just a few yards away and disappeared into the trees.

The further I got away; the more hope settled within me.

I'd finally done it.

I finally escaped.

I was finally free.

With every step I took, the closer I got to the one thing that I dreamed of all these years. The reason why I never killed myself to escape the life I'd been imprisoned in. 

My Little Bear.

My Baby.

_____________

Thoughts???

I'm so sorry for the long delay in updating new chapter to the sequel "Blood in the Snow"

These last months of the year I usually spend writing nonstop during the slow season for work, but my... exude my language, cock juggling thunder cunt of a boss, decided that in order for us to keep our jobs, we now have to do phone work. I know, it doesn't sound that big of a deal, but I have a huge phone aversion and these duties aren't a part of my job! It's not my departments job! So now, after work, I'm so stressed out from teetering on the edge of a full-blown anxiety attack, the last thing I want to do is sit at my computer and write and edit. I'm so sorry!

Side note, I've been working on a gay mxm alpha-omega Lycan/ werewolf story. It's just been for funzies when I've had the spare time sitting in the toilet, on a long road trip, or enduring a grueling work meeting that could have been sent through an email (IYKYK haha 😂)

Would that be something you all would be interested in reading? It's heavy on the hurt-comfort, dark themes, fluff, and mates insta love.  Similar to this story. 

Let me know!!! <3

I love you all and I've been enjoying seeing the new readers and comments lately :)

Thank you all for your votes and support.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

X