Chapter 41 - Next Step - Baby

[Not Edited – February 21, 2023]

☁️ Please don't forget to support When Snow Falls by clicking the star button at the bottom of each Chapter. Having you support my story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

 Having you support my story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

I couldn't understand what had gotten into me.

Attacking him the way I did.

Doing anything of the sort was the furthest thing from my mind. So far from anything I pictured myself wanting, let alone doing, any time soon.

Not after what he did to me.

Since the moment I woke up this morning, no longer in the truck driving away from the place I called home for the last couple of months but also the source of so much pain... I've been in utter bliss.

All thoughts of that monster, the attack, and those memories... vanquished.

Yes, I still felt the aches and pains, the phantom sensations of fingers touching and hurting me in places they never should have still made my skin prickle with unease.

A feeling I don't think would ever go away or at least for a long while.

But... I didn't have to look around every corner, into every shadow, into every room I passed searching for a pair of dark and soulless eyes lying in wait, ready to pounce and attack me and do unthinkable things to my body without my permission; my consent.

Not anymore.

Waking to see those moonlight orbs brought such a peaceful tranquility to my being, that I felt like I could actually... breathe.

For the first time in what felt like forever.

No unease, no pain, no fear... it wasn't for my lights brush of his warm and soothing touch along my face distracting me, I would have burst into tears of resounding relief.