Chapter 17 - Dungeon - Warrick

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

The morning before Warrick left...

Leaving my precious on her first day of school left me feeling off-kilter. Every moment since she arrived has been spent either by my side or in my arms. Without the feeling of her warmth unsettled me.

I never imagined myself to become of the clingy sort, but there is just something about her that draws me in. Her creamy freckled flesh, those doe-like eyes that gleam with wonder, the barely concealed toothy smile behind those plump lips, and even her scars that are scattered all over her body.

Like constellations of white and grey, pictures with stories attached to each one.

Waking up this morning with her in my arms, after confessing my love to her the night before, felt so right.

I hadn't planned on revealing our true feelings to her so fast, but after the incident in the kitchen and the raw fear she held in those eyes, eyes directed at me... I had to do something. Something to reassure her and cement into her kind that I couldn't- wouldn't ever inflict pain upon her. That my hands wouldn't never cause her pain. Only the sweetest of touches and caresses. My arms to bring her protection, safety, and the gentlest of embraces. My lips to only ever speak with love, comfort, and affection.

I could only hope and dream that if she ever blessed me with the chance, she would one day trust me with her heart.

Then the unthinkable happened... I woke up with her straddling my hips, her soft lips kissing over the edge of one of my scars that my facial hair doesn't quite reach. Like she was removing all the pain and suffering that was behind it.

... and I wanted, no- I needed more.

So, with quick actions, I wrapped my arms around her and demanded for more of those sweet dainty little kisses.