Chapter 35 - Taking the Shot - Baby

[Not Edited – December 22, 2022]

☁️ Please don't forget to support When Snow Falls by clicking the star button at the bottom of each Chapter. Having you support my story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

 Having you support my story by voting would mean a lot to me! Thank you! ☁️

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter contains sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

Sitting on the carpet in front of the mantle in his office, my new pets circled around me. The female had her head perched on my lap as the rest of her body curled around my back. The male sat on his haunches, his front facing the door as his side touched mine. The brown in his fur shone through under the amber lighting of the stoked fire.

The room was quiet with the occasional cracking of embers and Devil's clicking of his keyboard. The atmosphere was quiet and for once I didn't have the pulse of my heartbeat clouding my ears from my constant state of anxiety.

I've spent the last half an hour or so just petting both of my dogs, one hand running down the male's back and the other between the female's ears. Every time I would stop, she would nudge my hand for more pets and the male would just turn to look at me like I better get my hand back to business or else.

It was funny how opposite the two dogs were but I was already falling in love with the fur balls. I think I've already come up with names, I've jotted a few down and scratched out one I decided against. Getting up I patter over to Devil and slide my notepad in between his arms currently resting on his desk and typing what sounds like a manuscript with how long he's been at it.

Devil's head perked up at my arrival and he snatched his arm out to pull me into his lap. "What's this, Angel?" He asked, turning the pad around and reading it over. "Zeus and Artemis, I see someone has been studying mythology. I love them, perfect names for the protectors of my perfect, Angel." He said, nuzzling the skin behind my ear.