Chapter 15 - Goodbyes - Baby

__________________________________________________________

⚠️ Warning. This chapter may contain sensitive content that could be triggering. There will be no warning before it happens. ⚠️

__________________________________________________________

White hot rivulets danced across the clouds, lighting up the darkening amethyst sky as rainfall poured down in heavy streams, creating an intricate pattern of melodious tunes against the windowpanes.

Shadows stretched out with their inky tendrils across the walls after each crack of lightning, as if they were reaching out to pull me into its ominous embrace.

Swallowing back the shriek lodged in my throat, I took calming breathes to ease my frenetic heart.

The roaring from the wind whirred outside, howling in wild blusters, bending the trees and hurling leaves, twigs, and small debris through the air. Smacking against the windows in trifling whomps.   

I held Bunny Junior closer to my chest as another flash cracked outside and thundered two Mississippi's away. Scurrying on my knees, I flipped the entryway to my blanket fort closed as the darkness of the night quickly spread across the library and enveloped me into its darkness.

Blanketing me within its safe embrace. 

I turned on the battery-powered fairy lights that lined the triangular-shaped hide out as well as the white globe projector Dante got for me, casting cute little stars and moons all over the space.

The floor was covered in fuzzy blankets and pillows of different shapes and sizes, all still very much fluffy and in different shades of whites and greys. In the back corner where I've been for the last few hours, sat Sven and a little stool table piled with different books and a basket filled with snacks... courteously brought to me by Dante.

My light has been gone for the last five days. 

After the amazing evening we spent together and shared our first kiss, he brought us back to my room where we watched the second frozen movie before tucking us together into my bed.