Part 5, Original Chapter

Many days of traveling, and you were finally at Watatsumi Island. You were officially exhausted. Even Kazuha could tell. 

"Y/n, we're almost there. Don't slow down yet." You groaned. "If we are almost there..Why can't I take a break?" Kazuha chuckled. "Because. You will get to take a break at camp. Might as well not stop now." You sighed. "Fine.. I don't know how you can walk so far and not be tired.." 

"I'm a traveling samurai. I'm quite used to it." Of course he was.. 

You began walking into camp. Many soldiers were giving you weird looks. Kazuha grabbed your hand and pulled you close to him. "Stay close please.." You blushed slightly and nodded. He suddenly dragged you over to a certain tent. It was bigger than the others.. You were curious on how he knew the area.. 

"Gorou?" Kazuha called out as you reached the entrance. A moment later, a brown haired, fluffy eared general peeked out. "Kazuha! It's good to see you." Kazuha knew him..? "It seems we meet again, old friend." Gorou nodded and looked at you. "Who's this? Someone special?" Your eyes widened for a second. "No ah..Shes a new friend of mine. This is Y/n." 

"Oh! Pleasure to meet you Y/n!" His tail was..Wagging?..  

You nodded. "Good to meet you as well..Gorou, was it?" He nodded. "Yep! Thats me. Why don't you two come inside? I was just putting some maps away." You both followed Gorou inside as he finished what he was doing. Then he asked the bigger question..

"So, was there a reason you came here? You don't normally show up like this Kazuha." Kazuha glanced down at you. "Actually, Y/n is the one who wanted to come here. I was just her guide. She wants to join the resistance." Gorou's ear twitched. "Really? Thats great! If you don't mind Y/n.. I have a few questions, and I'd like to see your fighting skill. Unless your a healer?" 

You shook your head. "I have an Electro Vision. I'm no healer." "Alright! I won't make you fight today. You must be exhausted?" You let out a small sigh of relief. "Yeah..Kaz here refused to stop for a break till we got here." You elbowed him lightly. He chuckled softly. "Kaz? Is that a new nickname you have for me?" 

"I guess so!" You giggled. He couldn't help but smile. "Alright you two. I hope you don't mind that you have to share a tent..?" 

What..

"Ah, that's fine.." Well I guess Kazuha is answering for you.. Did Gorou do this on purpose?.. "Okay! Your guys' is 5 tents down to the right." You nodded and headed to the door. "Thank you Gorou!.." You tried not to sound awkward as you left. Kazuha followed you into the tent. You flopped onto one of the beds. 

"You must be tired." Kazuha chuckled. "You know I am! I have been saying it the whole time." He ruffled your hair. "Rest well then." He then walked off to the door. "You're not staying?" He looked back at you. "No, I wanted to chat with Gorou for a bit. Did you want me to stay?" 

Your face was heating up. "N-No!..I was just asking.." He laughed again. "Okay then." He left. Leaving you by yourself. You sighed as you stared at the top of the tent. You just couldn't manage to fall asleep, because all you could think about was Kazuha.. This was getting annoying.. You've only known him for several days now.. Why were you like this?..

You shut your eyes tightly. Maybe that would help shut your mind off?..