Part 10, Original Chapter

"You're going back to Liyue in a week.."

"What?!.." You yanked your hand away. "You can't make me-!" 

"It's too dangerous for you here! Look at what happened today, Y/n!.. I could have lost you!" Your eyes widened. He had never raised his voice at you like that.. Seeing your expression, he realized it. "Wait- Y/n..I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." You shook your head. 

"I need time alone..Please.." He sighed. "I-I understand.." 

He left, as instructed. You attempted to hold back the tears. You didn't want to leave home. You didn't want to leave..him. It wasn't that hard. You'd just stay at camp this time.. 

But that was the problem. Kazuha didn't want to risk giving you another chance. He didn't want to lose another friend because of a dumb mistake. A mistake he could have prevented. Hes was lucky he saved you this time. Perhaps it was the Archons giving him another chance for that?

He just wasn't ready to lose another friend.. Lose you. He didn't want that extra burden to add to the rest.

The truth was..

You both didn't want to lose each other.. 

                              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~       ~ ~ ~ ~ ~      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

                                          ~ Time Skip - A Week Later ~

Today was goodbye. 

Not forever.. Well.. At least..You hoped it wouldn't be.

You and Kazuha hadn't spoken pretty much all week. You weren't sure what to say to him.. Deep down you still cared for him, but things were too odd for you to just randomly start small talk.. 

Kazuha wanted to speak with you also, but he wanted to give you time. He was out of time now. 

You had finally made it to Beidou's ship. You couldn't be there for too long or you'd be seen by a guard or something.. As you went to board the ship, a familiar voice stopped you. "Y/n..?" 

You turned around and locked eyes with Kazuha. You sighed. "Kaz-" He interrupted you. "I just want to say I'm sorry..I'm only doing this to keep you safe.." You gave him a small smile. "I know.." 

He went to grab your hand, giving you time to reject. You didn't, so he proceeded and gently grabbed your hand. "Be careful..Alright?" You used your other hand to ruffle his hair. "I will.. But I should go Kaz or I'll be seen." He nods and you board the ship. By the time you turned around, he was already gone.. 

You sighed as you leaned on the side of the ship. The boat began to pull away. 

Your eyes were locked on Inazuma. It was hard to look away.. Beidou soon walked up next to you. "Oh, hey Beidou.." You glanced over at her before looking at the water below. "I assume you still care for him?" You raised an eyebrow. "Of course I do.."

"He does too.." You stood up straight and folded your arms. "Okay, where is this going?" She made a small chuckle. "You don't see it, do you?" You sighed. "See what? Him trying to make it up to me because he's sending me away?" 

"He loves you Y/n. He didn't want to do this yknow..But he wants to protect you." Your eyes widened before you shook your head. "You're fooling with me, aren't you?" 

She ruffled your hair. "Whether you want to believe me or not, that's your choice. But if you really want to know, you'll have to figure it out yourself when you return." 

She walked off. She was just going to leave the conversation at that?!

You began thinking. Was Beidou right? Did he really feel the same way you did? Guess you wouldn't know till you saw him again. If you saw him again.. Even if you did, how would you ask him? 

All of this was giving you a headache. You sighed and headed to your room.. 

It was gonna be another long trip. Back to Liyue once again..