Chapter 13: The House

Chelsea's POV

"This is okay right?" I ask through the phone that's positioned on top of the vanity table as I model for Uche.

"I don't even know why you are asking me that." She scoffs, grimacing at my dress code of black sweatpants and an Off white blouse that halts just above my belly button. "I thought you called me to help you dress."

"Yes, of course, I did," I retort.

"Then why are you not listening to me?" She interrogates and I stop what I'm doing to gawk at her. "You are going to Terry's house of all places, you should dress hot!"

"Is this not hot enough?" I implore in confusion, eying my reflection in the mirror behind my phone.

"Girl, you come off as someone who slept in sweatpants, woke up and realized there's no food so she pulled on the first available blouse, grabbed her car keys, and rushed to the grocery store," she explains and I groan.

"I thought you said people in your country wear this to hang out," I recall, tilting my head to the side, my right hand on hip.

"Yes they do, the same way people here in your country do," she clarifies.

"So what's the problem?" I quiz, rubbing my nose.

"The problem is, you are going to Terry's house, heck I don't even think that palace should be called a house," she murmurs. "I hope you get what I'm trying to say?"

"Yes, I am going to Terry's house, but I'm not going for a gala or a ball or any fancy occasion, not even a high school party so I think I appear okay," I argue.

"You think?" She interrogates, "see, you aren't even sure, plus you don't go to the home of the school's bad boy and town's sportstar appearing just okay."

I shake my head in exasperation as she squeezes her face. "Uche, I'm going to tutor him, we are going to have a study session, so I don't need to look like a supermodel while doing that."

"Uche?" I call in a query as she suddenly grows silent, her jaw in between her thumb and index finger. "What are you thinking about?"

"You know, now you mentioned it, you look just right," she asserts as if coming to a realization and I squint my eyes to show her I'm not following hence she was simply a minute ago against my attire.

"What are you getting at?" I query.

"You are the epitome of a nerd and how you appear now depicts that," she says, breaking out in a grin.

"I know what you are implying, so don't you dare say it," I move my head left and right as the grin spreads across her lips such that I can now see her pearly whites.

"You know how the nerds appear in porn right?" She ignores my pleas and asks. "All you need to do is to pack your hair in a high ponytail and put on a pair of black-rimmed glasses, add that to a touch of red lipstick and you'll be just fine."

"Uche, I don't wear glasses, secondly I'm not going to seduce him," I grunt, facepalming at her mentality.

"Girl, we are young, we all want some action from time to time, so there's no better target than Terry, you and I both know we've heard stories of his expertise," she wiggles her brows. "Tell me, when was the last time you got it down there?"

"Two months ago," I grumble. "And don't ask, it was a random dude."

"Wow!" She exclaims, "you need to stop keeping information like that from me."

"You know me, I like my life private," I defend, going to pick up the device. "Also, I'm not changing, I'm not putting my hair in a ponytail either, and for the record, I don't own a pair of glasses."