Chapter 26: The Diary 2

Chelsea's POV

A month has passed since that incident, and exams are beginning next week. It's also a month since I've last been to the school environment after that faithful day.

Before you worry about my education, I didn't quit. I'm presently taking online classes which my parents finally agreed to, after a series of arguments and mostly after seeing how miserable I was.

Dad offered many times to give Terry a strong punch and as satisfying as that sounds, I don't want to see Terry hurt. Yeah, that's the crazy thing about love, no matter how badly someone hurts you, you won't want to see them hurt, that's if you aren't the one to do it yourself.

I'll admit, the love I have is tainted with hatred at the moment, but love is love, and love and hatred have something in common. Now I get why they say, there's a fine line between love and hate because for you to hate someone, you might have had a certain love for them, whether you know it or not.

This might come off as weird, nonetheless, it's the truth. If this feeling of love and hate is what Terry was having all those while after I rejected him, then I don't blame him for his actions. Right now, I have the urge to cause him immeasurable pain, and at the same time, I don't want to see him hurt.

I know that look you are giving me, and before you say it, I've started seeing a therapist. Rose and Uche come to visit every day after school and on the weekends to keep me company. I'm immensely appreciative of their friendship and support.

From what Rose Tells me, Terry rarely comes to school nowadays, except on a few occasions. However, he is still scaling his tests and getting better at his academics. Rumors say he may end up graduating better than half of our classmates if he keeps up with the way he is going.

My legs are presently placed on the table in my living room, a laptop in front of me as I watch Miss Jane go on about the usual. I'm doing all this for protocols hence I'll still graduate second best if not top of the class whether I attend classes or not. Perks of being a nerd.

A knock comes on the front door and I groan in irritation, having no energy to get up. "The door is unlocked!" I yell.

Whoever is outside appears to be a thorn in my flesh and wants me to go pull it open thus there seems to be no response from the other side. "You can come in it's open!"

He or she doesn't get the message that I don't want to stand up and so with a grunt, I put the laptop on the space left on the long couch and slide on my flip-flops. Pressing my palms on the cushion, I lift my weight and trudge towards the barrier between me and the culprit.

"Okay, who is that-"
The words hang on my tongue as I yank the door open and see no one. The compound is empty and the gate ahead appears to be locked. "Ricky!"

"Yes, Chelsea." The grinning gateman emerges from his corner with a questioning look.

"Who knocked on the door?" I investigate, my palms in the pockets of my loose-fitting white shorts.

"Your male friend." He smiles in response and I lift a brow. "Said his name was Terry. Didn't stay, he only dropped this book."

"Which book?" I quiz.

He offers me a gaze as if I'm stupid and gestures to the one just an inch from my right foot. "I didn't know, sorry for the bother."

"No problem." He bobs his head and turns on his heel, returning to his previous location.

I slowly squat and pick up the friendly book. My fingers caressing the hardcover as I memorize the words written on it, Terry Drake Williams.

It's a Deja Vu moment as I rub the front on the red t-shirt I'm donning, and eye it warily. With it secured in my palm, I return to the house and slam the exit shut. One step in front of the other, I arrive at the couch and settle down.

The big question lingers, as I continue to stare at the object. Why did Terry send me his diary?
It must be for a good cause, My subconscious answers for me. I think she may be right.

"Fine," I sigh in defeat and unhurriedly open the book. It reveals a page filled with words right in the middle of the book. Wondering why it is so, I see a clipped edge that explains it.

Taking a deep breath, I concentrate on the written syllables.

Hey,

I know I don't deserve this but please hear me out. What I said to you that day was a lie. Well not all of it, the part I said I would never hurt you wasn't a lie.

Yes, Chelsea, I can never bring myself to hurt you like that. You are all I want, and when I finally had you, I just had to mess things up don't I?

The truth is, Diana was lying. I confronted her that day and found out it was all staged. They saw you go into the restroom and like the psychos they are, decided to mess with you.

"Well that explains a few things," I mumble to myself as I read on.

I went to her place that night, she called, and like you heard her say, pretended to be sobbing and hurt, but that's the only truth in what you heard.

I rushed over to her house, there I found out it was all a setup. She tried to seduce me but didn't succeed. The reason I was broody and flustered when I got home was that I pushed her away and heard a crash but didn't stop to check the damage.

Because of this, the next day in school, I cornered her and asked how she was fairing. She tried to kiss me and I resisted, instead I offered a hug. Maybe that was why she thought I was giving her signals.

About my behavior, I reacted badly when you handed me the diary. I felt you pitied me and were only with me because of what you read and the secrets you found.

Sorry I haven't reached out to you all this while, as you must I've heard, I've been like a working corpse. I also promised myself not to communicate with you till I was better, and now though I'm not fully there yet, I'm getting somewhere.

I understand this doesn't make up for the heartbreak and trauma I've caused us but I hope this will make you give me a chance to apologize in person.

Every day I'll be waiting for you at the training site from 4-8 pm. Even if you don't show up, I won't relent.

I really hope you read this.
I love you, Chelsea

Terry

Freshy❤️