Chapter 19: The Apology

Chelsea's POV

"Get out," I say to the 6ft5inch blonde-haired male who materializes in my view.

"But you don't even know what I want to say," he groans as I sidestep his masculine structure covered in a red sweatshirt and jeans with his favorite white Adidas sneakers.

"You are right," I stop to glare him in the eye. "I don't."

"Oh come on, give me a listening ear," he pleads and I ignore him, adding speed to my legs that are encased in pink leggings, and black Nike Air Max, under a loose-fitting white t-shirt, my fashion nova bag across my chest.

"Where do you think you are going?" I quiz as he speeds up with me, taking us almost past the school driveway. "What about your car?"

"I'll get it later," he blurts and hastily glances at where the grey Audi is parked. "Chelsea, I'm sorry."

"About Saturday or Monday?" I pause in my steps and fold my arms, my breathing a bit accelerated due to my pace.

"Both," he sighs, rubbing his nose.

"Okay," I scoff feigning anger.

"Don't make this more hard on me," he groans as I resume my steps.

"Wow, I won't," I roll my eyes, taking a corner that leads to the street where my house is located.

"I'm not one to say sorry, this is difficult for me," he mumbles.

"Congratulations then, on taking that giant step in the right direction," I announce mockingly, demonstrating with my fingers.

"I never knew you to be this bitchy," he grits, possibly wanting a crazy reaction from me, rather I prove him wrong by shrugging.

"Trust me, you bring out the best in me," I say dryly, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Why are you following me though?"

"I will follow you, anywhere you want to go," he replies, singing the lyrics and tune of 'follow you' by Chike and Gyakie. "I will let the whole world know, that I'm in lo--"

I blush, covering it up with a laugh at the words he was about to say. "You sound so cheesy."

"You bring out the best in me," he mimicks, aiming to sound funny instead his eyes are saying the opposite.  "So have you forgiven me?"

"Do you want the truth?" I interrogate as we near the gate of my house.

"Hit me." He nods.

"I forgave you the moment you almost broke Victor's jaw," I confess and his expression is priceless, I contemplate taking a picture but decide against it. "I also thought that was hot."

"You you-"

"Do not mention the last thing I said again, either to me or anyone else," I warn, wagging a finger in his face. "Also is that how you guys talk about girls?"

"Yeah." He scratches his hair avoiding eye contact. "It's guys gossip."

"Then why get angry when he talked that way about me?" I form the courage to ask, blinking back the tears and swallowing the lump in my throat as I imagine all the nonsense they must have said about me when I'm not there.

"It's because you are different and they know that," he explains and I see a hint of a blush. "I still wonder why Victor did that, he deserved a stronger punch."

"I think Uche's feet did enough damage after you left," I inform, recalling the epic moment my best friend kicked Victor in the face. He was lucky she wasn't wearing heels.

"Yeah I heard." He chuckles as we stop at the gate. "For the record, we never talk that way about you. Yes, I say things about how I hate you and want to get you 6ft under but never anything inappropriate."

"Okay.." I drawl, having no reasonable answer to that. "You want to come in?"

"You'll allow that?" He queries in amazement.

"To show I've forgiven you, though I'm still a tiny bit angry for calling me a slut," I growl remembering the ordeal. "You know what, I'm still really angry about that."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking straight," he sighs. "I had imagined us in that position since the day I saw you and when it came to reality I had to say something stupid. I'm not good at apologizing so I channeled the anger I had for my stupidity at you. I know it doesn't make sense but I'm sorry."

"It doesn't at all." I shake my head and knock at the gigantic metal to alert Ricky. "Did you truly put Tony in a hospital bed for saying that?"

"I may be an asshole but I didn't lie about that," he informs and I nod at Ricky in acknowledgment as he opens the gate and urge Terry to follow me.

"You are forgiven," I smile, his words messing with my hormones as the more I hang with him, the more I understand how true his written words are. Speaking of, I need to find a way to return it.

"This is cozy," he comments as we get into the living room. "Where are your parents?"

"At a PTA meeting in Adie's school, they said they'll be home late," I tell and walk in the path of the stairs. "Come up."

"Adie's your adopted sister right?" He interrogates, ascending to the top floor with me.

"Yup," I affirm, silently wondering how he knew that. I push ajar the door of my room which is the first door on the left and discard my school bag, afterward throwing myself on the bed, and releasing heavy breaths as a result of my fast pace.

"You need to exercise more," he voices and I lift my head a bit to see him leaning in the doorway, arms folded and legs crossed, no sign of fatigue on his features. The realization dawns on me that Terry is in my room, the boy who bullies me is in my room.

"I guess this is the perfect time to tutor you on chemistry," I murmur before my mind can go into overthinking mode.

"No, not the chemistry between us," I assert once I see the mischievous look in his eyes. "We are starting midterm tests in a week or two, so you need to step up."

"Yes boss." He flops beside me on the bed and there's no way I can deny the sexual tension between us at our current proximity.

Freshy❤️