Chapter 18: The Punch

Chelsea's POV

It's Monday again. Thankfully we are halfway through the school day hence its lunch period which I'm happy for. Sadly none of us brought food, making us head to the cursed cafeteria.

Rose is flanking my right and after Saturday night, has taken up the spot of being my friend.
Uche is on my left as we thread our steps to the noisy room, the blue doors matching the milk-white walls, wide open.

"What are they doing there?" Uche implores the instant we get in, motioning with her jean jacket-covered arm to where Julia and her minions are sitting.

I swerve to peer at her figure encased in a spaghetti-strapped red bodycon dress and flat black sandals before shifting my gaze to the spot she's pointing at. On closer observation, I see she is riled up because the cheerleading sluts are occupying our table.

"Those girls need to be told where they belong," Rose seeths and makes a move to stride to them when I clamp her bare bicep, made visible by the grey tank top she's wearing, that goes well with the leather pants she's donning, and black Louise Vuitton sneakers. The grey top tied in a knot at the side of her waist.

"It's fine, they just want a reaction," I speak giving both my friends a 'calm down' look. "Let's just find a different table and shame the devil."

"Well about that," Uche drawls, her fingers going into her braids. "We've got a bigger problem."

"What's the--" I halt in my speech as I understand what she's implying. The only available table is that which Julia and her girls usually occupy but it's now empty, its position nowhere other than beside the football team.

"It's no problem, we can simply skip lunch." Uche laughs hollowly, her stomach and mine disagreeing with her as it growls.

"Mine disagrees with that theory too," Rose grumbles. "We should just order, eat as fast as we can and get out of here, their stares are giving me the creeps."

"Fries with soda please," Rose says to the lunchlady as we reach her. Luckily we are the only ones and there's no line. Rose is served and she picks up her tray, offering space for me to go forward.

I do so in my off-the-shoulder red blouse, blueprint skirt, and black ballerina flats and smile at the lunch lady. "Burger and a juice box."

Uche eyes my tray and scoffs at my choice of food while I make way as Rose did, for her to get her meal. "Crackers and soda."

In a minute, we three turn around and stride in the direction of the empty table. My heart is in my mouth as I avoid eye contact with everyone at sitting there.

I shouldn't have bothered by the way thus the boys are deep in conversation with each other. Terry's back covered in a black turtlenecked long-sleeved shirt is to us as he exchanges words with Titus the curly-haired goalkeeper.

Darting a glance back to our table, I contemplate if I made the wrong decision and should have left Rose and Uche to deal with Julia whom I sight glaring at us.

"It seems they didn't think their plan through," Uche muses as we reach the empty table, her vision following mine for a second. "That is, judging by their reactions."

"Same thought I was having," I chuckle, my mood lightning, at their anger. I can be a sadist sometimes.

"Yeah, they just proved their dumbness," Rose voices as we all get seated, trays in front of us. "I mean I know she's jealous or scared of you getting close to Terry so if she wanted to frustrate you she should have thought of the consequences first."

"I think they did," Uche murmurs, biting a piece of crackers. "They thought our reaction would have been to leave."

"And you nearly made us fall for it," I raise a brow at her and snatch up my burger.

"Curse my stupidity," she grunts, prompting Rose and me to let out a laugh.

"If eyes could kill we'll be 6ft under," Rose chuckles staring at our audience for a moment.

"If embarrassment could kill, they'll be rotting in their graves at the moment," Uche asserts and I raise a palm for a high-five at the awesome comeback.

"You are good," Rose states in awe and claps her fingers with that of Uche who gives a small bow in response.

After that, we eat in silence, the conversation of others buzzing around us. I discreetly listen in to Terry's conversation with the boys and I think Rose and Uche are doing the same too hence they give me a confused look when something odd is said.

Things escalate when my name is mentioned by John one of their forwards and the guys all join in. My eyebrows scrunch at how easily they can gossip about someone they know nothing about which destroys the theory that boys don't gossip hence the amount of information, I've derived from sitting here alone can scar me for life.

Victor makes a stupid move by asking, "Terry, so tell us, how was Saturday night? We all know you had the prudent nerd up in your room for more than an hour."

"It was all fun," Terry answers, and I swerve in my seat to grant me leverage to see his facial features as he speaks.

"Come on dude we all know that isn't an answer, I was with her friend Uche when she appeared with Rose, her face damp," Victor eggs on and surprisingly I discern Terry's expression change from the cocky one of before to one of guilt?

"Don't tell me you fucked her till she cried happy tears, that will be a new record," Titus wiggles his eyebrows, and they all laugh as he exchanges a fistbump with John.

Rose and Uche turn to me in fear as my fingers squish the juice-box, liquid spattering on my fingers and my heart hammering in my chest. I will my brain to shut my ears from hearing more as I can't bring my feet to carry me out of here.

"Bro's bro's!" Victor yells a little too loud to calm the chatty males, at the same time causing the focus of half the room to shift to them. "We should be sorry for Terry if he fucked her, I mean I don't think she'll be good in bed, her friend yeah, but I think Tony exaggerated a bit."

Tears sting my eyes as I can't stop myself from watching and hearing them. I observe another guy tap Victor's arm and point at me, inciting him to give a facial expression of shock.

"What did you say, Vic?" Terry's voice cold as ice inquires, his palms planted on the table as he stands. His orbs follow that of Victor and sees me, impossibly prompting his anger to multiply ten folds as the veins in his arms bulge, his fists clench, his blue eyes changing to almost black.

"Look bro I'm sorry I didn't mean to--" Terry's fast and solid punch meets his face and I wince at the cracking noise as Victor reels backward, crashing on the ground with the now broken plastic chair.

"I'm the only one allowed to talk about her that way," he growls, eyes blazing like an erupted volcano. "You hear that all of you? No one, I repeat, no one is allowed to talk about Chelsea that way."

With that, he reverses and stalks out of there, leaving the whole cafeteria, in absolute astonishment. I am not even able to describe my feelings at this moment hence I'm sad, angry, and at the same time sense butterflies swarming in my belly, add that to the twitching in between my legs as my body found his action and tone, hot?

Freshy❤️