Chapter 23: The Glow

Chelsea's POV

I've come to understand why he was intently watching me the day before, hence the feeling is magical to watch the one you love sleep peacefully beside you.

His lashes fan his chin as he breathes slowly in slumber, the morning light illuminating his bronzed skin, and taking my breath away.

I have a sense of fear that once he wakes he'll send me home or act disgusted by my presence. This is something I've always heard a few girls crying about in the restroom or quiet corners whenever they get a chance to lay with the sex god.

Not saying this in his presence but I currently understand why girls flock around him, apart from his good looks and attractive physique, the guy really knows how to hit it at the right angles.

A blush stains my cheeks as I recall all the dirty things we did to give each other pleasure. To be frank, my bones are a bit sore, though I won't hesitate to let him smash me again, sore bones or not.

One other reason for my fear is the very familiar book that sits on the reading table in my room.

For weeks, I haven't gotten around to opening his Diary, because why would I? When I have the real thing by my side half of the day, sometimes even more. I'm still thankful for its appearance because without it Terry and I won't be here.

"What are you thinking about?" He questions in that sexy morning voice they talk about in romance books and novels, bringing a smile to my face.

"You," I jest, though that's the truth, but he doesn't need to know that.

"Well I'm honored to be your waking thought," he beams sitting up and brushing his nose on my shoulder. "Because you are on my thoughts, every damn minute."

"It's not good to lie in the morning." I shiver, securing the sheets on my chest.

"Who said I'm lying?" He questions, kissing up my shoulder to my neck where he nips the skin lightly and I moan, his hand going to untangle my fingers from the sheet. "Also, you don't need to hold this, I want to see all of you."

*******

After our morning shenanigans and a much-needed shower, I descend the stairs in Terry's plain black t-shirt coupled with my sweatpants of yesterday. I hear humming from the kitchen and the scent of waffles reaches my nostrils.

I swerve in the path of the aroma and I'm not surprised to see Rose shaking her hips to End Of Time by Benjackson Troy that plays through the speakers of her iPhone 12.

Staying quiet, I watch her move around in jean shorts and a loose-fitting red shirt that appears to be three times her size like the one I'm donning. This goes to prove there's no way that can be hers.

"Where were you yesterday?" I implore, speaking up and feeling a tiny bit of pity for her when she nearly spills coffee on her wrist. "Good morning by the way."

"Fuck you Chels!" She exclaims once she sees it's me. "You can kill a girl that way you know?"

"Weird for you to realize this because you sneak up on me every damn time." I roll my eyes and go to the plate of freshly made breakfast, stretching a finger towards it only for it to get swatted by the girl with pink highlights. "Oh come on, I'm hungry."

"I figured after you burnt all your energy in bed with my cousin," she asserts and at my shocked expression, she continues. "Next time you are at it, shut the windows. The walls and doors might be soundproof but open windows carry noise. I'm sure our neighbors heard you."

"Noted." I nod, my cheeks flushing as I clear my throat and point at the food. "Can I?"

"Yeah, of course, help yourself," she smirks. "I won't want you to faint next time you two play dirty which won't be long if I know my cousin too well. Speaking of, you are glowing."

"Is that even real?" I interrogate, retrieving a plate and filling it with breakfast.

"Have you seen yourself today?" She asks with a wink. "You appear all puffed up and glistening."

"Okay, that sounds disgusting." I frown, pouring myself some coffee and joining her in the makeshift dining at the other side of the vast kitchen, the main dining room locked for special events as its table and seats can contain up to fifty guests.

"Think whatever you want." She shrugs and I settle down, my phone ringing immediately.

"Who's that?" She implores her voice muffled by the food in her mouth.

"Uche," I respond and swipe the screen. "Whats'up girl."

"Don't whats'up me, I'm at the gate, order the gateman or whoever to let me in," she commands and I shake my head at her audacity. "Be fast too, I don't want to stand for long."

"You didn't come with your car?" I query.

"No, now please let me in," with that, the line ends.

"She's at the gate, tell them to allow her to pass before she causes mayhem," I say to Rose who gapes in alarm.

"How did she know you are here?" She interrogates snatching her phone and turning off the music.

"Who do you think covered up for me?" I lift a brow and she gets the message, bobbing her head and placing her phone to her ear.

"James, let the girl in, and tell Maxwell to open the front door," she speaks to whom I presume is the gateman and cuts the connection. "Thank God I made enough breakfast. Why is Terry not down yet?"

"He is probably flossing or something," I reply. "You still haven't answered my question. Terry told me you were out with a guy."

"That boy and his big mouth," she grumbles and I chuckle.

"A big but skilled mouth," I wiggle my brows and laugh harder when her face turns green.

"Never say that to me, again." She grimaces, and it's at this moment Uche saunters in rocking a blue crop top and black fitting trousers with black flat slippers.

"I want all the juicy gist," she declares once she throws herself in the seat to my right and gapes at us. "Why are you two glowing? Oh, my, God!"

"Wait is she glowing?" I point at Rose who averts her eyes. "Who was it?"

"Yes, she is," Uche pronounces. "So you two got it down yesterday. I know who Chelsea's culprit is, tell us yours."

"It was Elvis," Rose confeses, aiming to shield her face with her hair.

"Three girls in my house gossiping?" Terry questions.
We each whirl in the direction of the voice to see him in the doorway clad only in a pair of grey shorts, abs on display as he takes us in. He groans, shakes his head, and makes a u-turn. "I'm out of here."

"Don't mind him, fill us in," I laugh and swerve back to Rose who groans while Uche's mouth is wide open as she gazes at the spot Terry revised at.

"I didn't know he was that hot." She blinks and I flick her with my fingers snapping her back to reality.

Freshy❤️