Day 5

"When I completed the procedure, the patient had awoken to a new world that they did not know. I didn't want to do it and I knew that they knew that as well."

"Our time was short, changes were being made and they couldn't be around..........if they were, they would have never had let it happen."

"So I was told and did the only thing that would fix the situation, my hands were stained in their crimson color."

"It was supposed to fix whatever was the problem......."

"........and yet, why did I feel so broken after?"

"When I completed the procedure........."

"I, myself, didn't feel complete......."

Excerpt from "Log LTY-01-00"

——————————————————————————
3rd POV Beginning Of Night-Shift

Y/n walked down the hallway towards BongBong's bedroom. He had just finished talking with Yesod regarding the new Department rotation arrangement and luckily there were no issues. Their nightly walk was relaxing and allowed Y/n to stretch his legs for a bit, though it had to be cut short since the night-shift was going to start.

Yesod had been informative and put emphasis on the declining number of clerks and available agents for their personal command. He also gave the number of average employees dying during each shift, with the night-shifts being the higher ones.

Usually the recruits would be evenly split between the Sephirot, but since the current ones have been less progressive in their training, there has been a low supply of them. Y/n didn't want to submit another request for more members since it would just lead to more paperwork, but at this point it might be the only option.

Y/n had arrived at BongBong's bedroom while he was lost in thought. The sudden noises from her room snapped him out of his thoughts as he grew an amused look. He raised his hand and then knocked on her door.

*Knock* *Kno—*

The door suddenly opened as he was mid knock and then he felt a hand hook around his arm. He didn't fight it off or seem surprised as the hand yanked him inside and the darkness of the room consumed him.

He stumbled a bit as he tried to keep up with the little girl who was dragging him towards the bed. Said girl merely kept going regardless of his struggles and soon she yanked him once again onto the bed. Y/n laughed as he landed on the bed with her but stopped when he felt her tremble a bit.

He looked at the girl who had curled up to his side as she stared up at him. He gave a reassuring smile before hugging her.

"Still scared of the dark?" Y/n quietly asked her.

"........bong......" She quietly whispered as she leaned more into the hug and lowered her head.

Y/n chuckled a bit before combing her hair with his hand. It did what he intended it to do as BongBong stopped trembling and relaxed. After a few seconds of them simply laying there, Y/n decided to get to the matter at hand.